Useful information on studying in the USA
As an international student, applying to study in the USA takes planning and lots of work. You’ll have many questions, so you’ll need some help to achieve your goal. We have made it easier for you to succeed by putting together a free database of in-depth articles and stories about international students, the US educational system and much more
- Studying English at the University of Texas at Austin
- NYU Through Malene's Eyes: A Day in the Life of an International Student and the Key Role of TOEFL
- Studying Mechanical Engineering at the University of Mississippi
- The Power of English Proficiency: Insights from Marifer’s Journey to Success in the U.S.
- Global Dreams Realized: Inspiring Journeys of Priscilla and Eduardo at American English College
- Join us on Facebook Live! The Power of English Proficiency: Marifer’s Success at University and Beyond in the U.S.
- Meet Francisca E. Del Pino, studying at The English Language Institute at the University of Florida
- Meet Ryan Evans from England, a business major at St. Ambrose University
- WATCH THE VIDEO! Planning for International Study: Understanding the U.S. Education System
- Remarkable Chinese Learning Progress: A Brazilian Project Manager & TutorABC
- Rei Nakatani: Finding the best place to study aboard
- Sayed Omar Hasan: From Bangladesh to LACC
- Huy Tran: My Regis College Experience
- Learning English and Exploring Chicago: Lisa Suong's Experience
- Meet Eunseo Kwak, Learning Standard English in Chicago
- Gaining Academic English Skills and Experiencing U.S. Culture Through the SAELL Program
- Discovering an Amazing College Community at LWTech
- Alex Grytsenko's Journey to the U.S.: Learning English and Pursuing a College Degree
- LACC Music Presents Latin Version of The Star-Spangled Banner
- “New Around Here”: A Cinematic Journey into Struggles and Successes by Jennifer Hawkins, an Inspiring Student at LACC
- Read the new Vietnamese edition of Study in the USA today!
- Read the new Portuguese edition of Study in the USA today!
- Read the new India edition of Study in the USA today!
- Read the new Global edition of Study in the USA today!
- READ STUDY IN THE USA'S NEW VIETNAMESE MAGAZINE
- READ STUDY IN THE USA'S NEW PORTUGUESE MAGAZINE
- READ STUDY IN THE USA'S NEW LATIN AMERICA MAGAZINE
- READ STUDY IN THE USA'S NEW GLOBAL MAGAZINE
- READ STUDY IN THE USA'S NEW INDIA MAGAZINE
- Read Study in the USA's New Chinese Magazine
- The Psychology of Test-Taking: How to Crush Anxiety and Succeed in Life
- Life’s Pop Quiz: The Unexpected Lessons of Grad School Exams
- Unlocking the Universe: From Forbes 30 Under 30 to New Frontiers in Science
- Prologue to Greatness: Author, Astrophysicist, and Mentor
- Elevating the Student Voices of Tomorrow
- Escaping 1977 Vietnam: Finding a Place to Belong
- Rewriting the Code: Black Women in STEM
- The Future of EdTech: Hope, Empathy, and Connection
- Chasing the Hogwarts Fantasy: Transporting to the U.K.
- Engineering a Legacy: Overcoming Expectations, Gender Roles, and Cancer
Life in the USA
- Choosing a Health Insurance Plan for an International Student
- For Parents: Four Tips to Help Your Child Make Friends While Abroad
- Discover Your Future at Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC)!
- 5 Budgeting Apps to Save Extra Money
- American Slang Words You Need to Know in 2023
- Things to Keep in Mind About Popular Student Cities
- Study Abroad at Chicago’s Lewis University
- What Are the Key Skills You Need to be Employable in Today's Competitive Marketplace?
- Study Abroad in the Pacific Northwest!
- How to Navigate New School Stress
- What’s the Biggest Challenge for International Students in the U.S?
- Ready to Study in the U.S.? Get Your SIM Card Before You Land!
- Personal Finance for Teens: Your Go-To Guide for Money Matters
- Unlocking Your Potential: The Power of a Bachelor's Degree in the USA
- Scholarships and Grants: A Guide to Gift Aid
- What’s Most Important at an F-1 Visa Interview?
- Your Student Visa was Denied — What’s Next?
- The Definitive 7-Step Guide to Study in the United States
- Internships and Fellowships for International Students
- #EmbraceEquity: Celebrate Women’s History Month with us!
Achieving Your Goal
- Launch Your Future with FSU's Bridge to University and Professional Success Program
- Why a Technology Degree at UNI Might be what You Need
- Study in the United States: Discover Academic and Professional Opportunities in the Land of Opportunity
- Advice for International Students from Women in Education on International Women's Day
- Why Make a Vision Board
- How To Ace Your College Application
- Applying to Medical School in the U.S. as an International Student
- Interviews with 4 Students: Their Student Journeys
- Top 10 Coolest Courses in the U.S.
- Is an MBA Right for You?
Education System in the USA
- How Attending Secondary School in the U.S. Prepares Your Child for College
- What Should I Major in to Become an Anesthesiologist?
- Taking the Community College Path
- Explore Higher Education in the United States
- Community College 2+2: Get a Great Education and Save Money
- Study English near Boston, Massachusetts!
- How Do I Attend a Vocational School in the USA?
- HOW DO I FIND A GOOD ENGLISH PROGRAM IN THE USA?
- HOW DO I GET AN ART & DESIGN DEGREE IN THE USA?
- HOW DO I GET AN EDUCATION & TRAINING DEGREE IN THE USA?
Admissions and Placement Testing
- Exciting Changes to the TOEFL iBT® Test: Shorter Exam and Streamlined Experience
- 7 Steps to Successfully Study in the U.S.: A Comprehensive Guide
- Where to Take Your TOEFL iBT Test
- How to Get Into an Ivy League School
- Fulfill Your Dreams of Studying in the U.S. with MET
- 8 Things International Students Need to Know About the U.S.
- From GMAT to GMAC: An Entrepreneur’s Journey
- Go for the Gold Standard: the TOEFL iBT® Test
- Getting into College with TOEFL Scores: Advice from Admissions Pros
- Why the U.S. is the World's Premier STEM Destination
Beyond the Basics
- The Growth of STEM-Certified Business Programs
- How Do I Get an International Business Degree in the USA?
- How Do I Become a Software Engineer in the USA?
- How Do I Get a Business Administration Degree in the USA?
- How Do I Get a Physical Therapy Degree in the USA?
- How Do I Get a Design Degree in the USA?
- Job Shadowing: The Benefits of On-the-Job Learning
- Top 7 Colleges to Study Business in the USA
- Creating Storytellers at Los Angeles City College
- How Do I Get an Architecture Degree in the USA?
Financing Your U.S. Education
- Scholarships for Every Type of Student Who Wants to Study in the USA
- Financial Aid for International Students in the United States
- Loans for Students Seeking Master’s Degrees
- Flexible International Student Loans
- The Cost of Living in the U.S. (and How to Save Money!)
- Side Gigs for International Students in the U.S.
- Best Ways to Pay for College
- Student Loan Repayment
- Student Loan Basics
- Finding the Money: Beyond Merit and Need
Frequently Asked Questions
- Six Ways International Student Health Insurance Can Help You
- Studying English in Canada
- 3 Tips to Succeed as a First Year International Student
- Eight Public Universities with High Earning Potential Post Graduation
- Rankings: How do they work and how you should use them
- How hard is it to get accepted into an Ivy League school?
- Learning English While On Vacation in the Southern United States!
- 3 Tips to Prepare for Your F1 Visa Interview
- How to Apply For a Summer Intensive English Program
- What to Do if Your Student Visa Is Denied
- What is a Community College in the U.S.?
- Where to Study in Texas
- Where to Study in California
- Where to Study in Washington State
- Getting a U.S. Student Visa
- What is an Ivy League School?
- What is the Top Subject of Study for International Students in the U.S.?
- What is “Greek Life” at a U.S. University?
- What Do the Words “School,” “College,” and “University” Mean in the U.S.?
- What's the Difference Between an Associate's and Bachelor's Degree?
For students age 10-18
- Why the Arts are Essential for a Well-Rounded High School Education
- What’s a Homestay and Should I Try It?
- The Journey of Integration and Success at a U.S. Private Boarding and Day School
- How to Stay Focused and Successful in Virtual High School
- U.S. Summer Camps: Learn a New Skill, Improve Your English and Explore the USA
- Preparing English Skills for the Classroom
- Considering an Arts Program?
- Finding the Type of School That Fits You
- Using Technology in the U.S. classroom?
- English Just for Teens!
Study in Canada
- Canada: English or French?
- Top Reasons to Study in Canada
- Most International Canadian Universities
- How to Get Your Study Visa in Canada
- Canada’s Education System
- Student Housing in Canada
- Top Ten Beautiful Canadian Universities
- The difference between US & Canadian universities
- 5 Reasons You Should Study in Canada
- Why Study in Canada