Tips for successful test taking -
When preparing for any test, students should keep in mind that good English language instruction is an essential foundation. Language proficiency can be achieved only after continued study and practice.
- Take plenty of time to prepare for each test. Use available preparation materials to familiarize yourself with the test's structure and guidelines. Instructions on taking computer- and paper-based tests are generally available for each exam.
- Use available sample questions and exercises. Examples of authentic questions and previously used topics are often available as well as sample tests. Get in as much practice as you can before taking the actual exam.
- Simulate the test situation. Find out as much as you can about the test environment, and practice in a similar setting. Allow yourself only the time allocated for the actual test, and work on moving through sections as quickly and effectively as possible, identifying and focusing on areas where you need improvement.
- Take advantage of all the resources available to you. The more you know about a test and how it is scored, the more efficiently you can approach it. The Web is an excellent resource, and most online information is free. Make the most of the advice and materials that can help you achieve success.
- Follow directions. Read all instructions thoroughly and completely before beginning any test. Make sure you understand your objectives and how to achieve them. Don't worry if you don't know an answer - concentrate on the current question, and do the best you can, but don't spend too much time on any one item. Pace yourself so you have enough time to answer every question.
- Be relaxed and confident. Get plenty of rest before any exam. Remember, the more rested and better prepared you are, the more comfortable and positive you'll be during the test.
Check Out These Schools
Start your U.S. adventure with Study in the USA
Learn About U.S. education financing, housing, and more
Get international student medical insurance for as low as $1.12 USD per day. Our plans are available to any student studying outside their home country and include coverage for Covid-19. Get your free quote and enroll today!
STUDENT.com is the world’s leading marketplace for international student housing, helping students find their perfect home abroad. We have the widest and most carefully selected range of rooms that were built and are managed specifically for students...
Develop the portfolio and skills you need for your future! Embrace meaningful projects while collaborating with expert mentors and expanding your professional network.
Study in the USA helped me to find the program in San Antonio
I am always checking study USA to keep me updated on any important changes and how schools treat international students.
Study in the USA has made interviews with many students that live in the USA.
Learn about American culture and education direct from our experts at Study in the USA. Read more