Welcome to GWC!
Located in the coastal community of Huntington Beach, in Southern California, Golden West College is part of the California Community College system and was founded in 1966. On 120 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, GWC serves 13,000 students and is considered a medium-size, two-year college. GWC is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Celebrating over 45 years of academic excellence, GWC offers...
- Associate in Arts Degrees (AA)
- Associate in Science Degrees (AS)
An Outstanding University Transfer Program — Save money on the first two years of your Bachelor's degree. Prepare to transfer to the University of California (UC), California State University (CSU), or other prestigious four-year universities. GWC’s transfer rate to California State University is higher than the state and county average.
Short-Term Certificates are available in over 35 career programs including: Accounting, Automotive Technology, Business Administration, Computer Science, Design, Digital Media, and many more.
A High-Tech Tutoring and Writing Center to improve your English skills with Free Tutoring!
- Championship Athletics
A Safe, Friendly and Multicultural Community — Huntington Beach is consistently ranked among the safest cities in the U.S.
Easy Access to Amazing Recreation Activities — Within five miles of the famous Huntington Beach shoreline, students discover the reason for the city’s official nickname: Surf City, USA.
The International Student Program provides you with a full range of student support services, including:
- Application Assistance and Processing
- Orientation Program for New International Students
- Specialized Academic Counseling
- Expert F-1 Visa Advising
- International Student Club and Activities
- American Host Family Program
The College truly welcomes and values international students, and is committed to international student success.
Admission to GWC
Admissions requirements include:
- Completed Application
- Evidence of financial support to cover all costs for living expenses, tuition, books, and health insurance
- Official high school transcripts with certified English translations (All College and ESL transcripts are also required.)
- Proof of English Proficiency: Minimum TOEFL score of 61 iBT OR evidence of equivalency with prior English coursework OR acceptable score on the GWC placement test. Other forms of English proficiency proof are also accepted. See our website for a complete list.
- Non-refundable application fee of $55.00
- Two recent passport-size photographs
GWC schedules a Fall semester (late August through Mid-December); a Spring semester (late-January through late-May) and a Summer session (early-June through early-August). The application deadline for Fall semester: July 15; for Spring semester: December 10; for Summer term: April 25.
What international students are saying about GWC
"When I am involved in the International Student Club, I feel more confident and open-minded. The staff is very close and friendly. They are always pleased to help me to understand when I have a question. I really appreciate that!" ~Thu Pham, Vietnam
"There have been times when I have a burning question, but I don't panic because I always know that the International Student Program staff will have an answer for me." ~Lusayo Munde, Zambia
"My experience at GWC was wonderful. I experienced a diverse student body, impressive faculty, and the academic environment was always friendly and helpful." ~Jefery Kusnadi, Indonesia
"Attending GWC was inexpensive and easy-going with nice homestay at reasonable prices." ~Jiyeoung Jun, South Korea
"I am absolutely satisfied with the ISP services. I thank the staff for all the good work and advice they provide us." ~Sofian Amir Hassen, Tunisia
To request your free viewbook and application, please contact us.
For more information: