Study Florida is a not-for-profit professional association comprised of regionally accredited, public and private, secondary schools or 2- year and 4-year, non-profit educational institutions located in the state of Florida. The broad purpose of this consortium is to connect international students with the excellent educational opportunities in the State of Florida.
Over 46,000 international students study in Florida - why not you?
Study Florida is a not-for-profit professional association comprised of regionally accredited, public and private,
secondary schools or 2- year and 4-year, non-profit educational institutions located in the state of Florida. The broad purpose
of this consortium is to connect international students with the excellent educational opportunities in the State of Florida.
Did you know? Florida has been voted #1 in Higher Education in Nation for 4 Years!
It's true! Every year Florida is a top choice - 7th most popular state - for international students looking to continue their higher education in the United States.
Florida is also a top destination for institutions that prioritize internationalization on campus. In 2021, three Study Florida members won the 2021 Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization! Over the years five other Study Florida members have also won this prestigious NAFSA award!
In addition to being an affordable state for Higher Education, Florida Linkage Institutes also provide discounted tuition rates to international students. Currently there are linkages with countries and regions like Brazil, Canada, the Caribbean, China, Costa Rica, Eastern Europe, France, Israel, Japan, Mexico and West Africa!
TOP 10 REASONS TO STUDY IN FLORIDA
1. Perfect Climate - Florida is called the Sunshine State for a good reason. The average annual high temperature 27° C, while the average annual low temperature remains a comfortable 16° C.
2. International - We will make you feel at home! We are experts in supporting international students through academic advising, career counseling, research opportunities and over 1000 student organizations.
3. Quality Education - Florida's colleges and universities are among the nation's top performers and offer Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D., JD, LLM degrees, English language and pathways programs.
4. Program Diversity - Florida schools offer 150+ undergraduate, 200+ graduate, and tens of certificate programs.
5. Institution Diversity - 12 public universities, 6 major medical schools, and numerous private colleges and universities range in size, structure and setting: small or large, 2 or 4 year, private or public, rural or urban
6. Smooth transition - Florida's network of colleges and universities enables students to easily transfer from 2 year community colleges to 4 year universities.
7. Affordability - Many international students are surprised to find themselves studying in Florida at a high quality institution for a fraction of the cost students may pay elsewhere. Florida has the 6th lowest tuition of all 50 states in the U.S.A. and Linkage Programs provide in-state tuition
8. Social Life - Florida offers a broad spectrum of arts, history and culture. In addition to hosting numerous international festivals, high-profile art exhibitions, well-known entertainers, and traveling Broadway shows, Florida is home to white sandy beaches, unique shopping experiences, and thousands of lakes, and regional parks. Add to that a myriad of cultural amenities, world-class theme parks, and sporting events and you have a clear recipe for a well-rounded and rewarding lifestyle.
9. Cost of Living - Florida's affordable cost of living allows you to enjoy all of the activities listed above.
10. Employment - Ranked 5th in the nation for high-tech employment and home to 15 Fortune 500 companies, students pursue internships and career opportunities in a variety of industries from aerospace and aviation to financial and professional services.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Florida Gulf Coast University
Florida Institute of Technology
Florida International University
Florida Memorial University
Florida Preparatory Academy
Florida Southwestern State College
Hillsborough Community College
Indian River State College
Miami Dade College
New College of Florida
Nova Southeastern University
Orangewood Christian School
Saint Leo University
Santa Fe College
Seacoast Christian Academy
St. Petersburg College
Tallahassee Community College
University of West Florida
University of South Florida
Contact Study Florida Now
Type of School
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
SettingCity, Small/College town, Suburban, Rural, Online
Accreditation and CertificationSACS, CHEA
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory