A Balanced English Program To Meet Your Needs
The ELI is a place where academic English study is integrated with fun and educational activities after class each day and each weekend. At the English Language Institute you can immerse yourself in English, live it, love it, master it, and make it a precise tool for your international professional encounters as well as your personal ones. And in Florida, you will find a sunny climate and some of the most famous and exciting tourist attractions in the world!
- Small classes (15 students maximum)
- A full-time program of 23 contact hours per week with classes in reading/writing, listening/speaking, and grammar
- Individualized placement into levels and skills
- Language assistants for each level
- Electives in pronunciation, TOEFL or IELTS preparation available when enrollment allows
Cultural Immersion Program
- Opportunities to practice spoken English and to learn about US culture
- Social/cultural/sports activities
- English language partner program
- Organized trips each weekend
- Reasonable tuition and fees
- Access to university academic and health facilities
- Desirable climate for study and leisure
- Conveniently located quality housing
- Academic and student life advising
- Easy access to major Florida attractions (Disney World, Busch Gardens, St. Augustine, beaches, etc.)
- Special programs upon request
- 17 years old
- Proof of completion of secondary school
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility required for a I-20
We strongly recommend that applicants have studied basic grammar and have acquired general vocabulary.
In addition to our regular Intensive English Program, we also offer customizable programs to groups. If you would like us to arrange a special English program for your organization or company, please contact us to work out the contents, dates, features, and costs.
Short Term English Program Online
We are offering polysynchronous courses for part-time, non-F1 students, called Short Term English Program (STEP) Online. Some of the courses offered are English for Beginners, Listening and Speaking, and Writing for Professionals. Go to our website for the entire list of courses, term dates, tuition, and application instructions.
University of Florida
The University of Florida is located in Gainesville, Florida. One of the most important universities in the United States, the University of Florida belongs to the prestigious American Association of Universities. UF attracts students from 50 states and 100 countries. It is a comprehensive university, offering degrees in most known fields of study. It has internationally known training and research programs in many fields, including agriculture, engineering, business, law and medicine. UF also has the largest academic computing center in the southern United States.
The University of Florida's 2,400-acre campus has a host of facilities including several restaurants and cafeterias, Olympic-size swimming pools, gyms, art galleries, music venues, libraries, and comfortable spaces in the student union. There are also facilities that provide educational accommodation, legal, mental, career and health services to its students. Contact the ELI for information regarding student access.
UF also has the largest academic computing center in the southern United States, home to HiPerGator 3.0 and HiPerGator AI, the NVIDIA DGX SuperPOD, to enable scalable artificial intelligence (AI) and high-performance data analytics.
Situated in Alachua County, Gainesville, with outlying suburbs, is a pleasant community of some 200,000. For information on Gainesville, check our web site.
Learn about us. You'll be glad you did.
Since 1954, the ELI has taught English to over ten thousand students from all over the world. Every semester we have students from approximately 25 countries preparing for exciting careers in which fluent English is required. If you are trying to improve your English proficiency in a challenging and nurturing environment, find out more about our program by visiting our extensive and informative homepage.
For more information: