University of Tampa
The University of Tampa
The University of Tampa
From the gleaming minarets of Plant Hall – Tampa’s signature National Historic Landmark – to the $950 million in new construction completed or underway since 1998, The University of Tampa’s globally connected campus is the beating heart of a vibrant urban oasis. A distinguished faculty and approximately 10,800 students from all 50 states and many of the world's countries are joined in a university ranked among the best of the best by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes and The Princeton Review.
A medium-sized private university, UT offers more than 200 academic programs taught by a faculty as passionate about students’ success as they are about their areas of expertise. Championship sports, student activities, community service, honors, leadership and study abroad programs complete an extraordinary academic experience that prepares students for anywhere a world-class education can take you. UT’s 17:1 student/faculty ratio and average class size of 21 allows for one-on-one attention and personalized learning.
Students benefit from close interactions with faculty, who are committed to academic and professional excellence — 90 percent have a Ph.D. or terminal degree in their field and 80 percent have practical business experience. Professors frequently engage in international business initiatives and research and are attuned to the unique needs and goals of international students.
The Office of Career Services focuses on helping you explore your career options, gain experience, and develop skills you need to be Spartan Ready for success. Career Services’ comprehensive resources include:
- One-on-one career coaching
- Career and job search workshops
- Career readiness programming
- Job and internship listings
- Job and internship recruiting events
- Handshake online career management system
- AI mock interviews program
- Connections with mentors
- Job shadowing
- Informational Interviews
19K Internships are available annually.
66K Jobs were available in 2022 for UT students and Alumni from our network of 16,000 employers.
800 Community leaders serve on UT Advisory Boards or affiliate groups.
Recognition and Rankings
UT has been consistently ranked among the finest institutions in the country. These are just a few of the honors bestowed upon The University of Tampa and its programs:
- 2016 Senator Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization by NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- Forbes' annual ranking of America's Top Colleges since 2010
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance’s list of the 400 Best College Values for 2019
- One of the nation's best 387 institutions for undergraduate education by The Princeton Review
- U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UT in the top tier of the category Regional Universities (South), and for 2022 was included as a most innovative college
Ways to Get Involved on Campus
More than 315 clubs, organizations and teams will give you plenty of options to get involved in campus life and the community. These are just some of the ways that a UT student can get involved:
- 25 Diversity and inclusion organizations
- Three major student publications
- Academic recognition societies
- Peer Education groups
- Community service organizations
- Student government
- 27 fraternities and sororities
- Special interest and leadership groups
- Nationally recognized ROTC programs
- Top-ranked NCAA Division II sports
- Club sports and organized teams in intramural sports and tournaments
Many international students choose to live on campus in one of 12 state-of-the-art residence halls, all equipped with passcode security, air conditioning, study lounges and free access to the Internet. There are 28 conveniently located dining venues on campus.
Contact University of Tampa Now
Biology, Finance, Marketing
Type of School
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Accreditation and CertificationSACS, AACSB
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Apartment
Test ScoresIELTS: Band 6.5+, TOEFL: 79+, ELS: Level 112, Duolingo: 110+