Winona State University
The English Language Center (ELC) provides English language training to international students who wish to satisfy the English Language requirement for admission to Winona State University or Bemidji State University.
An Invitation to Succeed! Be conditionally admitted to Winona State University. Study English with US!
Conditional Admission to Winona State
The English Language Center (ELC) provides English language training to international students who wish to satisfy the English Language requirement for admission to Winona State University.
Find the Right Program for You
Intensive English Language program—full-time ESL courses at the English Language Center with 20 face-to-face class hours each week and tutoring hours and cultural activities.
Bridge Program—part time ESL courses at the English language center + credit-bearing courses toward undergraduate degrees for students at higher levels.
Customized program—short-term summer programs in teacher training or English language and cultural experiences. This can be three or four weeks for a group of at least 10 students. Contact us for more information.
Students We Serve
- International students seeking conditional admission to Winona State University
- Prospective undergraduate students with no TOEFL score or with a score that is below the admission requirement for colleges and universities in the United States
- Students who wish to develop their English language abilities for professional purposes
Dedicated to Your Success
Our mission is to help you succeed! A team of qualified and dedicated instructors and staff will help you rapidly improve your English language skills and achieve your language learning goals. All our instructors are native speakers of English with Master's degrees in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL).
Why Choose the English Language Center
- Conditional admission to Winona State University
- Individualized attention
- Highly competent and friendly faculty and staff
- State-of-the-art technology
- Excellent degree programs at WSU
- In-state tuition once admitted to Winona State University
- A beautiful and safe campus
- On-campus housing
Access to all facilities of WSU while attending the English Langauge Center
The ELC offers students the opportunity to expand their learning opportunities through a variety of academic and cultural activities that may include, but are not limited to:
- Attending an NBA, MLB, or NHL game
- Conversing with language partners
- Going to an amusement park
- Hiking and skiing the bluffs of beautiful southeast Minnesota
- Ice skating or canoeing on Lake Winona or the Mississippi river
- Spending the weekend in major cities such as Madison, WI or Minneapolis, MN
- Shopping at the Mall of America
- Visiting local schools, museums, and cultural sites
- May 1st for summer semester
- July 1st for fall semester
- Nov. 1st for spring semester
We are fully accredited by North America Higher leaning Commission (HLC).
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Business Administration, Computer Science
Type of School
University/Intensive English Program
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
SettingCity, Small/College town
Accreditation and CertificationEnglishUSA Member, HLC
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory