Adjusting to college life in the United States can be challenging. The University of South Carolina (USC) offers world-class academics in a friendly, welcoming environment that sets you up for success and makes your transition as easy and productive as possible through the International Direct process at Global Carolina. Designed for international students, the International Accelerator Programs prepare you for success at the University of South Carolina & beyond.
Studying at USC allows you to explore a wide range of majors to reach your personal and professional goals. One great benefit of studying in the U.S. is that you can change your major and even select a minor. Their dedicated team will help find the right path for you – through workshops, one-to-one consultations and other tools during your first year and beyond.
Want the opportunity to focus on research? USC is a national leader in undergraduate research programs, and the city of Columbia is a research and development center too.
- 47 nationally ranked degree programs.
- 19:1 student to faculty ratio.
- #1 ranked undergraduate international business program.
- Ranked the #49 Top Public University.
- Focus on innovation, with USC in the top 1% of patent-producing universities in the world.
- Ranked #92 in the world for economics and business.
Depending on your academic qualifications, English language level and personal preferences, you will be placed on the best track to ensure your success at USC. Students from more than 100 countries study at the University of South Carolina. Make your transition to the United States easy with dedicated advisors, tutoring and support services. Our services start before you arrive, with visa interview preparation, packing lists and detailed checklists, and continue throughout your freshman year, with help moving into your dorm, making American friends, and, of course, supporting your academic journey.
Here are some of the reasons why you’ll want to join University of South Carolina
Columbia: "The City of Dreams"
- Home to 133,000 people, for small-town friendliness yet big-city fun.
- Weather includes mild winters and very hot summers.
- #3 Best College Town according to Livability.com.
- #5 South Carolina is ranked #5 in the U.S. for globalization.
- Top 5 industries: Healthcare, insurance, eco-friendly energy, transportation and research.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport has nonstop flights to 15 international destinations.
Choosing the International Accelerator Program at the University of South Carolina will allow you to benefit from a wide range of services designed to help international students succeed inside and outside the classroom. University of South Carolina students come from all 50 U.S. states and more than 100 countries. Study at USC and you’ll make friends from around the country and around the world.
For more information: University of South Carolina