Texas Intensive English Program
The Texas Intensive English Program (TIEP), established in 1965, is known for its excellent English language courses and reasonable cost. TIEP has helped more than 30,000 students and professionals from 127 countries to achieve their goals.
With two locations, the Texas Intensive English Program (TIEP) offers a wide range of learning experiences for students. Our program in Beaumont is on the campus of Lamar University near Houston and Galveston. Our downtown Austin location is near the University of Texas at Austin and is one of the oldest English programs in Texas.
The Texas Intensive English Program (TIEP), established in 1965, is well-known for its excellent English language courses and reasonable cost. TIEP has helped more than 30,000 students and professionals from 130 countries to achieve their goals.
The program is designed for individuals preparing to enter a college or university in the United States, as well as for those who study English for professional or personal enrichment. TIEP offers year-round English for Academic Purposes classes for students preparing to enter a U.S. university and general English classes for students improving their English for personal and professional purposes. Special programming is available for individuals or groups sponsored by governments, corporations, and other organizations. These customized programs include Executive English, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), and English Language and American Culture Programs.
Highly Reputable and Qualified Institution
- More than 50 years of successful experience; very high level of student satisfaction
- A program of the Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC), a nonprofit association of 32 Texas public universities
- Accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA), a national accrediting agency for postsecondary English programs in the United States that is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education
- Member of EnglishUSA
- Member of AIRC – American International Recruitment Council
- Authorized under Federal Law to issue SEVIS I-20s
Highest Quality Instruction
- TIEP instructors are highly-trained professionals who understand students' needs. They have master's degrees or Ph.D.s, native English speaker proficiency, overseas experience, and a minimum of two years teaching experience (many have 10 years or more).
- Small multinational classes, 8-16 students per class, from approximately 25 countries each semester
- 20 classroom hours per week
Designed to Meet Your Needs
- Attractive Pricing; visit TIEP's homepage for current prices
- Convenient sessions of different lengths offered throughout the year (3 fall, 4 spring, and 4 summer sessions); visit TIEP's homepage for current schedule
- Beginning to Advanced classes in 7 levels and 3 study programs (Specific course availability may vary by semester.)
- Foundations of English (Beginning to Low Intermediate)
- English for Academic Purposes
- English for Communication and Culture
- University Express - an accelerated academic preparation program to help international students meet the challenges of U.S. higher education
- TIEC Study Abroad in Texas - offers current undergraduate students intensive English-language study at TIEP followed by study as non-degree students at one of seven participating universities
- Elective classes including TOEFL® and TOEIC® preparation, Conversation and Pronunciation Skills (discounts for qualifying returning students)
- Conditional admission service available to 17 universities and colleges in Texas
- TOEFL® waiver available at 20 universities and colleges in Texas
- Institutional TOEFL® exams are given in March, May, August, October, and December
- Open TOEIC® Test Center; TOEIC® is offered 12 times per year.
- Custom-designed tutorials for individuals and small groups
- Custom-designed programs for groups with specific needs and goals, for example, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Programs, English Language and American Culture Programs, and Executive English Seminars
- Certificates of completion, attendance, and academic excellence
Outstanding Resources, Student Services, and Activities
- Computer lab with Internet access and multiple language support
- High speed wireless Internet access
- Access to university libraries, language laboratories, and recreational sports facilities
- Orientation program; immigration counseling and assistance with visas
- Housing options include dormitories and apartments; housing assistance available
- Tuition, Room, and Meal Packages available in the summer
- Conversation Club with native-English speakers
- Airport pickup available
- Social and cultural activities (Rodeo, International Food Tasting, Shopping, Student Talent Show, Halloween, 4th of July Fireworks, etc.)
- Austin, the capital of Texas, is located in Central Texas along the Colorado River. Austin's excellent universities and student-friendly atmosphere, numerous recreational and cultural activities, year-round mild weather, scenic beauty, and global high-tech industries are just a few of the characteristics that make Austin one of the best places to live and study in the U.S.A.
TIEP is a program of the Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC), an association of 32 public universities in the State of Texas. These universities offer more than 1,600 bachelor's degrees, 1,168 master's degree programs, and nearly 400 doctoral programs. Several of the universities are recognized as leading research institutions in the state and nation. For more information about TIEC and its services, visit www.tiep.edu.
English Language (ESL), English for Specific Purposes Programs, TESOL and Teacher Training
Type of School
Intensive English Program
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsNo
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Accreditation and CertificationCEA, EnglishUSA Member
Type of HousingHomestay, Apartment, Dormitory