University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln (Nebraska) was chartered as a public, land-grant university on February 15, 1869. A proud member of the Big Ten Academic Alliance, Nebraska is classified within the Carnegie “R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity” category. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Nebraska is ranked near the top third of all national universities, both public and private, and in recent years, the university has been ranked highly for value, graduation rate and access.
THE PRINCETON REVIEW
Best Value Colleges, 2023
Nebraska has over 200,000 alumni around the world. One of our most notable alum, Mr. Warren Buffett says, "The best investment--by far--is developing yourself.”
Check out Nebraska in Action!
- Global Laureate US$15,000 per year
- Global Ambassador US$10,000 per year
- Global Delegate US$4,000 per year
- The Undergraduate Creative Activities and Research Experiences Program connects faculty and students to work collaboratively on independent study projects that advance new knowledge.
- The Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management develops leaders for this era of expanding information technology and business globalization.
- The Johnny Carson Center for Emerging Media Arts guides creative, young pioneers who use technology to innovate, to solve human-scale problems, to entertain audiences, and to tell breathtaking stories that stimulate, provoke and inspire.
- The E.N. Thompson Forum on World Issues hosts a diversity of viewpoints on international and public policy issues to promote understanding and encourage debate.
- The Heuermann Lectures focus on the sustainability of food, natural resources, renewable energy and rural communities for all people.
With 150+ majors, Nebraska offers the breadth of academic areas you’d expect from a tier-one research university. Several of our programs are among the best in the U.S. and have been for years.
The University Honors Program enhances your college experience by immersing you in a community of talented, hardworking individuals and offering a curriculum that is challenging yet customizable.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Colleges & Departments include:
- Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
- Arts & Sciences
- Business (#31 Best Public Business School in US, US News and World Report)
- Education & Human Sciences
- Engineering (Top 100, US News and World Report)
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine & Performing Arts
- Journalism & Mass Communications
- College of Law
- Graduate Studies
Students engage in unique hands-on learning opportunities—like internships, work study and pre-professional clubs. Nebraska’s Career Services office supports students in their career development through individual and group advising, employer connections, career fairs, and faculty collaborations. The state is home to a vibrant business community and seven Fortune 500 companies that connect students with internships and career opportunities.
Nebraska’s residence halls allow students to form community with their peers. Since you'll be living right in the heart of campus, there will always be an opportunity for entertainment, university engagement, and recreation. Plus, walking just five minutes to class, multiple dining halls, the library and recreation center are a great benefit.
Get a glimpse of a "Day in the Husker Life" here!
Students can choose between living in a traditional two-person room, a four-person suite or apartment-style housing. Residence halls come with free laundry facilities, study rooms, lounge areas, WiFi and more; each room comes furnished with a refrigerator, desk, chair, bed, mirror, closet and storage space. Students may also choose to live in a Learning Community, where you can live and learn alongside your classmates and participate in special programs aimed toward your major.
Offering everything from international entrees and make-your-own dishes, Nebraska’s Dining Centers offer up everything you could want and more. With mobile ordering, to-go and late-night options, they're a great place to grab nourishment, catch up with friends, or relax with a cup of coffee and study. You can depend on Dining Services for healthy meals with enriching ingredients served in sit-in and take-out settings.
With nearly 500 recognized student organizations, recreational facilities, sporting events, concerts and more, Nebraska students have plenty of opportunities to make new friends and experience new cultures.
The University Health Center is a comprehensive health care facility right on campus that is staffed by licensed medical professionals. Nebraska supports students with counseling and programs aimed at fostering mental health and well-being.
Campus Recreation Centers offer open gyms, top-flight exercise equipment, swimming facilities, climbing walls, and a full slate of fitness classes. The Outdoor Adventure Center also offers bikes, camping equipment, kayaks, paddle boards and more.
Contact University of Nebraska-Lincoln Now
Business, Computer Science, Engineering
Type of School
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Accreditation and CertificationHLC
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory
Test ScoresTOEFL: 70+ , IELTS: Band 6+, Duolingo: 100+, ACT Eng: 20+, SAT Eng: 520+