San Francisco Bay University
Welcome to San Francisco Bay University!
Welcome to San Francisco Bay University!
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area’s Silicon Valley, San Francisco Bay University (SFBU) is a small, private, nonprofit university founded in 1984. SFBU’s supportive environment and new campus help international students achieve their dreams and reach their full potential. Knowledgeable staff and faculty assist students in transitioning first to their studies and life in the U.S., and then to their future careers.
Innovative Degree Programs
- SFBU’s hands-on learning approach allows students to apply their knowledge and skills to course projects that match industry trends and solve real-world problems.
- Computer Science students can learn the latest technologies in courses such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Cloud Computing, Data Science, and Cybersecurity.
- Business students can earn both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in less time and at a lower cost in SFBU’s Bachelor’s Accelerated Master’s (BAM) in Business pathway.
- Classes are available in person, online, or through a combination of both modalities.
Dedicated, Expert Faculty
- bring real-world experience to the classrooms. Many are recognized leaders and researchers in the high-tech industry in Silicon Valley.
- encourage students’ growth through personal attention.
- understand the goals and needs of international students.
- Discover opportunities for internships and jobs at companies in high-tech Silicon Valley, such as Google, Apple, Meta, Tesla, Microsoft, Intel, Cisco, Amazon, and more.
- Explore San Francisco, the commercial and cultural center of Northern California, by taking public transportation.
Interact with faculty and receive individual attention in SFBU’s average class size of 20.
Intensive English Program (IEP)
- Quickly improve your English language skills in an interactive, small-group setting.
- Meet the English-language requirement for admission to SFBU degree programs by completing all four courses of IEP Upper Intermediate B with a grade of B or A.
- Increase your opportunities for new jobs or promotions by communicating better in English.
- Study on campus or online via synchronous live streaming.
Expand your career opportunities and earning potential by investing in your education.
Estimated yearly tuition and costs for bachelor’s degree programs, based on two trimesters:
Estimated yearly tuition and costs for master’s degree programs, based on two trimesters:
Estimated tuition and costs for two sessions (one trimester) of the Intensive English Program:
*from August 2023. These numbers can change at any time.
Scholarships and Grants
- International students in degree programs are eligible for SFBU’s scholarships and grants for up to 100% of tuition costs.
- Scholarships covering 100% of tuition costs are available to degree program students who qualify.
- Grants covering 50% and 75% of tuition costs are available to degree program students who qualify.
- International students have the opportunity to work in internships, earning money and gaining experience in their chosen fields. These CPT and OPT internships give graduates an advantage crucial to competing in the modern job market.
- Students connect with employers via seminars and other networking activities.
- Students receive one-on-one counseling and attend sessions covering resume writing, interviewing, job searches, and other strategies to find a great job.
SFBU offers student housing and housing scholarships to qualified students.
- SFBU is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
- SFBU’s IEP is accredited by Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
Contact San Francisco Bay University Now
Business Administration, Computer Science, Intensive English as a Second Language
Type of School
University/Intensive English Program
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableNo
Accreditation and CertificationCEA, EnglishUSA Member, WASC
Type of HousingApartment, Dormitory
Test ScoresIELTS: Band 5.5+, iTEP: 3.7, PTE Academic: 50+, TOEFL: 59+, CEFRL: A2