University of Wisconsin-Parkside
At the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, we know what international students are looking for because we have been helping international students succeed for decades.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside (UW-Parkside), is a nationally-recognized, public university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. It is located in Kenosha, Wisconsin, between the major cities of Milwaukee and Chicago. Rich with fresh air and natural wildlife, the campus sits on 700 acres of quiet, spacious prairies and beautiful woodlands. In any one of Parkside’s 41 competitive majors, students can expect small class sizes, individual attention from faculty, personalized support services, and the ability to put learning into practice through research and internship opportunities.
Why choose UW-Parkside?
- Named UW-Parkside for our location near a park and our park-like setting
- Campus sits on 700 acres of natural woodlands
- 5 minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan, one of the US’s Great Lakes
- Wisconsin experiences four distinct seasons, each with its own beauty
- 4,500 enrolled students—you won’t be a "number" on our campus
- 20-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 50% of classes have 20 students or fewer; 70% of classes have 30 students or fewer
- Merit-based international student scholarships are available
- Our beautiful campus is located in Kenosha, WI between Milwaukee and Chicago – two of the Midwest’s most exciting cities
- Public transportation (bus, Amtrak and METRA rail service)
- Nearby state parks and natural areas allow students to enjoy Wisconsin's outdoor beauty
What can I study at UW-Parkside?
UW-Parkside offers more than 40 majors! Earn your associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree in one of our four distinct colleges:
- College of Business, Economics and Computing
- College of Natural and Health Sciences
- College of Arts and Humanities
- College of Social Sciences and Professional Studies
Students may also choose to learn English at ELS Language Center, housed right on campus!
What are Parkside's Signature Programs?
UW-Parkside has four Signature Programs for which it is best known:
Parkside’s Computer Science major provides students the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in a variety of careers related to information technology.
There are plenty of reasons why the Criminal Justice major enjoys such a strong reputation: internships, diverse faculty, day and evening classes, and research opportunities.
The pre-health program is a multi-disciplinary program. Students have historically gained acceptance into professional health programs at a successful 89% placement rate.
Theatre Arts majors in Parkside's award-winning program are members of the pre-professional training company, receiving practical training in performance, directing, design, and technology, working alongside professionally-active faculty and staff.
What sets UW-Parkside apart from other universities in the US?
- One of only 400 elite AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) internationally accredited business schools in the world
- #1 Criminal Justice program in Wisconsin (of 4-year universities)
- Lowest crime rates in the UW-System
- Of the UW-System comprehensive 4-year schools, UW-Parkside has the most ethnically and racially diverse student body
- Rated one of the “Most Affordable” 4-year, comprehensive universities in the State of Wisconsin
- UW-Parkside is the only NCAA Division II Athletics program in the state of Wisconsin
Stellar Placement Rates
- Over the past decade, 100 percent of computer science majors are employed upon graduation
- Close to 95 percent of business students are employed within six months of graduation
- Nearly 90 percent of pre-med and pre-health graduates are accepted to the professional schools of their choice – double the national average
- Our award-winning theatre arts program has an over 92% placement rate in the industry or grad school. This spring they hit 100% placement within two weeks of graduation!
How will I practice what I learn?
UW-Parkside students have multiple opportunities to gain real world experience and apply their classroom learning outside of the classroom.
- 500 student internship placements last year
- Complete undergraduate research with faculty
- Study abroad opportunities to more than 20 countries (Yes! International students can study abroad!)
- Community-based learning project opportunities where students engage with their community for credit
- Students develop interactive skills to demonstrate their learning such as presentations, public speaking, and group work
See what our international students have to say
Business, Computer Science, Premedical
Type of School
University/Intensive English Program
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Accreditation and CertificationHLC, AACSB
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory
Test ScoresTOEFL: 70+ , IELTS: Band 5.5+