At Centralia College, students of all ages, and from many countries, are learning new skills for today's world.
About Centralia College
Centralia College is a small, friendly community college. Since 1925 Centralia College has been committed to a strong tradition of quality education. Centralia College offers two-year academic and transfer programs and shorter-term technical programs to fit your individual educational plans.
Centralia College is located in the natural beauty of Washington State, in the Pacific Northwest corner of the United States. Centralia is in a small, friendly, rural community with a population of about 40,000. The closest international airport is SeaTac (Seattle Tacoma) airport in Seattle, Washington.
Centralia College is accredited by the United States Department of Education, the Washington State Board for Community and Technical College Education, the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges and the State Approving Agency for the Training of Veterans. Graduates may transfer to universities in the U.S. or return home with a rich educational experience which can further their job prospects. At Centralia College, students of all ages, and from many countries, are learning new skills for today's world.
Centralia College offers programs leading to an associate degree transferable to a four-year college or university that range from Anthropology and Computer Science Technology to Education and General Engineering. Technical programs include Civil Engineering Technology, Computer Network Technology, and Diesel Equipment Technology, among many others. A full list of associate degrees and technical programs is available upon request.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Programs
The Intensive English Program (IEP) will help you improve your English skills, prepare you for college-level courses and future job opportunities, help you understand the English language, and introduce you to American culture.
No TOEFL score is needed to enter the Intensive English Program. You will be given placement tests after arrival to determine proper course placement. After you successfully complete the IEP, you may take college-level courses. A placement test in English and Math is given at the end of the IEP to assist in placing you in appropriate college-level courses.
International students may apply to transfer to any college or university in the U.S. The school to which they apply will make the decision regarding their admission. International students from Centralia College generally transfer to: University of Washington, Washington State University, University of Oregon, Pacific Lutheran University.
International Programs Services
The International Programs office will assist you with each step in the United States, from admission to graduation. Drop in at the international office to ask questions or make appointments for longer meetings.
Services available through International Programs include:
- Assistance with international admission.
- Free airport pick-ups from SeaTac (Seattle-Tacoma) international airport are available if at least two weeks notice is given.
- Housing assistance arranged through the international office. International houses and host families require a special form and fees paid in advance. Apartments must be arranged after arrival in Centralia.
- An orientation to introduce new international students to Centralia College and American culture is given each session. Orientation is required for new international students.
- Immigration assistance for F-1 and M-1 students is available from the International Programs Director and International Programs Specialist.
- Academic advising is through the International Programs office and from the student's individual academic advisor.
- Advisors assist students in making an educational plan and in making correct decisions to meet their goals.
- Assistance with IEP and college-level testing is available through the international office. Test scores are interpreted by skilled professionals.
- Personal assistance and advice, including information about health care, shopping, travel, and entertainment, is available from the International Programs staff.
The International Programs staff works hard to locate safe, comfortable, friendly housing for international students. International students have three housing options: living with a host family, in an international house next to campus, or an apartment.
Centralia College has an "open door" admissions policy. If you are an international student, 17 years or older, a high school graduate, and submit the proper documents, you will be accepted to Centralia College. Students who are accepted to Centralia College will receive an acceptance packet that will include the I-20 form that is used in applying for your student visa.
Business Administration, Computer Science, English Language (ESL)
Type of School
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Accreditation and CertificationAACC Schools
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Homestay, Apartment