University of Massachusetts Amherst – International Program
- School Size
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Type of Housing
TOEFL: 80+, IELTS: Band 6.5+
- Social Media
Your Next Big Idea Starts with UMass
Founded in 1863, the University of Massachusetts is the largest public research university in New England and one of the best universities in the United States. Ranked as a Top 100 National University by U.S. News & World Report, UMass is distinguished by the excellence and breadth of its academic and research programs. Among the world-renowned colleges and universities in Massachusetts, UMass ranks third in research grants from the National Science Foundation (NSF), behind only MIT and Harvard.
Rankings (from US News & World Report, 2019)
- #26 Public University in U.S.
- #20 in Graduate Computer Science
- #11 in Graduate A.I.
- #36 in Graduate Computer Engineering
- #2 Linguistics department in the world
The College of Engineering at UMass Amherst
The UMass Amherst College of Engineering provides world-class professors, excellent academic programs, hands-on experiential learning opportunities, personalized career planning advice, a highly employable profession, and a terrific value. With more than 100 faculty members in the College of Engineering, top instructors world- renowned in their fields of research richly enhance academic life. Teaching and research focus areas include biomedicine, sustainable energy, cyber security, mechatronics, and biomechanics. These fields embody strong, positive societal benefits that appeal to the modern generation of engineers.
One Degree Spanning Two Continents
While you’re learning how to engineer solutions for the future, you’ll also be utilizing the most advanced technology ever employed to deliver live, interactive lectures with top-notch faculty from UMass Amherst. Courses are taught using a state-of-the-art platform that mirrors the traditional classroom experience.
Master’s in Electrical & Computer Engineering – LIVE Program
Location: Your home country
- Earn an Elite U.S. Master’s Degree in Your Home Country Without Interrupting Your Career. Students are taught by UMass Amherst professors for the duration of the program, both in the classroom as well as using a state-of-the-art, live, video-based virtual platform.
- MS ECE Live is a 16-month program designed for working engineers or recent graduates who are looking to grow their career and their skills at the same time. Engineers who want to play a central part in the creation and implementation of new IoT technologies for example, and bring that new knowledge back to their work, are the ideal candidates for this degree.
- Students will learn new approaches to electrical and computer engineering from professors and researchers who are at the forefront of technological innovation in the United States and around the world. Their studies will span two continents, giving students a collaborative and unparalleled cross-cultural learning experience.
- 16 months
- 30 credits
Master’s in Electrical & Computer Engineering
Location: On-campus at UMass Amherst
- Computer engineering is a branch of engineering that integrates several fields of computer science and electronics engineering required to develop computer hardware and software. Computer engineers usually have training (professional and practical) in electrical engineering. The program provides high-level training and hands-on experience in cutting-edge technology.
- Students progress through the program together as a cohort and are taught exclusively by UMass Amherst professors for the duration of the program. Students will learn new approaches to electrical and computer engineering from professors and researchers who are at the forefront of technological innovation in the United States and around the world.
- 4 Semesters
- 10 Courses
- 30 Credits
- Certificate Program
- The Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate Program at UMass Global utilizes cutting-edge technology to teach live courses from the UMass campus in Amherst, Massachusetts to students around the world. You can earn a TESOL certificate from a top U.S. university and a competitive edge in the education marketplace without ever leaving your hometown or global study center. The program prepares students like you to teach English to speakers of other languages in various settings. You’ll gain knowledge of English grammar, theories of teaching languages, and best practices for TESOL. You’ll also apply what you learn to real-world teaching, lesson planning, assessments, and more.
- 13 Weeks (option to complete in one semester or two semesters)
- 3 undergraduate courses
- 9 credits
University of Massachusetts - Amherst
College of Engineering, Marston Hall
Amherst MA 01003
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- TESOL and Teacher Training