- School Size
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Computer Science, Education
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
IELTS: Band 6+, TOEFL: 61+, Duolingo: 80+
- Social Media
Achieve Your Dreams at Midway University!
At Midway, you’ll enjoy living in the friendly, small-town setting while being only minutes away from the city of Lexington and an hour away from the metropolitan Louisville and Cincinnati—allowing you every opportunity to learn about life and culture in the United States.
At Midway, students are always the top priority for us. We have a unique student body made up of students from the ages of 17 to 70+; each of whom comes from a unique background. Our student population draws students from all across the United States and more than 20 countries. We make a great effort to enhance all students’ experience while at Midway by presenting unique speakers, arts programming, and multicultural programs on campus. From hosting hundreds of co-curricular events, on-campus athletic competitions, study abroad and volunteering opportunities, academic support services such as peer tutoring and career planning services, student life covers all activities that happen outside the classroom.
If you are an international student looking for a caring community, safe environment, and strong academic programs, then Midway University is just the right place for you. Our university has educated many international students throughout the years and we welcome students from around the globe. A central part of our mission is a global education and having a diverse student body helps us fulfill that.
International Students Application Process
Complete the Application – Submit your online application. A nonrefundable application fee of $30 is required before the application can be processed. In addition, there is a $50 Undergraduate International Processing and Mailing Fee.
Submit High School Transcript – Students are required to submit official High school transcripts, mark sheets, or academic records. if applicable, please include any other college-level transcripts in your submission. A detailed course-by-course evaluation may be requested from a student if required. All Athletes or students intending to play sports will be required to submit a course-by-course, detailed evaluation report of high school transcripts, mark sheets, or academic records that reflect your GPA from schools outside the U.S. If applicable, please include any other college-level coursework in your submission. These documents should be submitted through one of the following:
- World Education Services (WES)
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- Educational Credential Evaluators
- International Credential Evaluations (Incred)
- Submit Official TOEFL (Test Of English as a First Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – TOEFL or IELTS results are required. Please see the minimum recommended criteria above.
- Official SAT or ACT scores – Midway University accepts official score reports from the testing organizations. Midway’s SAT code is 1467 and ACT is 1528.
- Submit Financial Guarantee – US immigration regulations require that students demonstrate their ability to finance the first year of education before receiving the I-20. Bank statements, fund verification letters, CDs, stocks, and scholarship letters are acceptable forms of documentation.
- Bank statements and fund verification letters must be on official bank letterhead. These documents must be in English or be accompanied by an official English translation.
- A financial letter of support is required if a parent or family member is acting as a sponsor.
- Submit a copy of the photo page of your current passport
International Transfer Students
Submit College Transcripts – If you have attended school or college in the U.S., request each college attended to send official college transcripts to the Office of Enrollment Services.
If transfer credit is earned from a college or university outside the United States, transfer credit is only awarded when the transcript is accompanied by a course-by-course evaluation from one of the acceptable evaluating agencies listed above.
Learn about our support services for international students provided by our Office of International Programs.
512 East Stephens Street
Midway KY 40347
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Marketing and Communications
- Sports Management