Northwest Nazarene University

Northwest Nazarene University (NNU) welcomes applications from students around the world who are seeking a Christian liberal arts education. Our campus in Nampa, Idaho provides a safe, supportive home away from home.

Northwest Nazarene University (NNU) welcomes applications from students around the world who are seeking a Christian liberal arts education. Our campus in Nampa, Idaho provides a safe, supportive home away from home.

International students may apply for the fall semester, which begins in August, or the spring semester, which begins in January. Students who are interested in graduate programs should contact the specific department for program and application information.

NNU’s Mission

The mission of Northwest Nazarene University is the transformation of the whole person. Centered in Jesus Christ, the NNU education instills habits of heart, soul, mind and strength to enable each student to become God’s creative and redemptive agent in the world.

Support for international students

These are just a few of the many ways we support you at NNU:

  • The Well—a gathering space for all NNU students to meet, hang out, study and share culture
  • English as second language (ESL) support courses
  • Multicultural / Peer mentors
  • Conversation Partners and Cross-cultural Credits
  • Center for Academic Success and Advising (CASA)
  • International Chapel
  • Intercultural Church of the Nazarene
  • International Students Incorporated (ISI)

Transformative Education

We believe education fosters transformation. Northwest Nazarene engages and affects all domains of life—intellectual, social, physical and spiritual—to advance the transformation of the individual, the church and the world.

Campus Life

One of the reasons international students choose NNU is because of the residential experience. All incoming undergraduate students, including international students, are placed in a residence hall by the director of residential life. There are seven resident facilities, including traditional dorm rooms and apartment-style living.

Your room is equipped with everything you need to study and live comfortably. All living areas include bathrooms, laundry rooms, internet access, community lobbies, and bedroom furniture. All residence halls are within a 10-minute walk of the sports center, student center, and academic classrooms.

Campus Culture

We have some unique traditions and campus characters you might not find elsewhere. With more than 40 student clubs and organizations contributing to our campus life (ranging from Art Club to Journeys Outfitting Co.), and quirky traditions like Fresheree (our annual talent show) and Mr. NNU (like the Miss America pageant, except with male students), you'll find enough student-life options to keep you involved and entertained for all four years.

Undergraduate Areas of Study  

  • Applied and Liberal Studies
  • Art and Design
  • Biology
  • Business and Economics
  • Chemistry
  • Communication Studies
  • Computer Science
  • Criminal Justice
  • Cultural Studies and Language
  • Education
  • Engineering and Physics
  • English and Literature
  • History and Political Science
  • Kinesiology
  • Mathematics
  • Military Science
  • Music
  • Nursing
  • Philosophy
  • Pre-Professional
  • Psychology
  • Religion
  • Social Work  

Graduate Areas of Study

  • Business
  • Counseling
  • Education
  • Nursing
  • Social Work
  • heology & Christian Ministries


Nampa, Idaho, a community of nearly 90,000 just 20 minutes from downtown Boise


The Church of the Nazarene; 38 percent of students claim Nazarene as their church background, and the other 62 percent belong to a variety of denominations or are unaffiliated

Student/Faculty Ratio


Residential Life

70% of undergraduate students live on campus


NNU is a member of the NCAA Division II Great Northwest Athletic Conference and fields teams in basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, golf, track and field, cross country and soccer.

Creative Arts

  • Choir
  • Band
  • Theatre
  • Studio Art
  • Graphic Design
  • Photography
  • Drama and Film School

Boise Valley Recreation

  • Water and Snow Skiing
  • Rock-climbing
  • Hiking
  • Shopping
  • Idaho Shakespeare Festival
  • Fine Art Events
  • Cultural Opportunities


$30,000—$35,000 Year

Fast facts

Afiiliation icon



Top Programs icon

Top Programs

Education, Engineering, Nursing

Type of school icon

Type of School


  • School Size

  • Student Body Gender

  • Religious Affiliation

  • Scholarships for International Students

  • Conditional Admission Available

  • Setting

  • Accreditation and Certification

  • Type of Housing

    Residence Hall, Apartment
  • Test Scores

    TOEFL: 50+, IELTS: Band 5+

Nampa ID
Visit us
623 S. University Blvd. Nampa, ID

Subscribe to get the latest from Study in the USA

You can unsubscribe at any time.