UC Santa Barbara International Programs
University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) is part of the 10-campus University of California system, and is one of the most respected public research universities in the world. It is ranked #6 in the USA for public university, and the faculty includes six Nobel Prize recipients. Plus, we are the only university with its own beach! UCSB International Programs is a division of UCSB. As a student here, you will be part of an internationally recognized program, with excellent resources, innovative teaching methods, flexible curriculum and academic services that offer an exceptional experience in a beautiful location, on the cliffs of the Pacific Ocean.
About UCSB International Programs
University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) is part of the 10-campus University of California system, and is one of the most respected public research universities in the world. It is ranked #6 in the USA for public university, and the faculty includes six Nobel Prize recipients. Plus, we are the only university with its own beach!
UCSB International Programs is a division of UCSB. As a student here, you will be part of an internationally recognized program, with excellent resources, innovative teaching methods, flexible curriculum and academic services that offer an exceptional experience in a beautiful location, on the cliffs of the Pacific Ocean.
- Campus on the beach
- Mediterranean mild climate (summer all year long!)
- Driving distance to San Francisco & Los Angeles
- Lively college town alongside of campus
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
- Wide variety of academic and professional development programs
- Student population from over 75 countries
- Affordable tuition
- Smaller class sizes
- Academic advising: one-on-one or in small groups
- Customized instruction from instructors and staff
- U.S. News and World Reports 2020 “Best Colleges” guide, ranks UCSB #6 among all public universities and #14 most diverse university.
- Ranked #20 on “America’s Top Colleges” (Forbes, 2019)
- The campus is home to 10 national institutes and centers.
- Over 60 Guggenheim scholars
- Ranked #34 in ‘Best National Universities’ (US News, 2020)
- UC Santa Barbara ranks among higher-education leaders in the United States and Canada as 1 of only 62 research-intensive institutions.
- Ranked #57 University in the World (THE, 2020)
SELECT INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS THROUGH PaCE
UCSB International Student Programs offer a variety of high quality programs, and credits earned may be transferred to universities around the world, or used to complement students’ professional goals. We share some of our popular program highlights below, but be sure to visit our website for a more complete list.
- University Immersion Program: Study alongside UCSB students and engage with faculty who are world-leaders in their field. Gain marketable skills applicable to businesses throughout the world.
- English Academy and University Preparation: Designed specifically for incoming college undergraduates and for upper level international high school students, this program offers two tracks. The one week Undergraduate Preparation Boot Camp, offers introduction to US university culture and typical admission processes as well as workshops in spoken English. In our six-week English Academy program the emphasis is on significant improvement in conversational as well as academic English as students immerse themselves in a more extended academic environment.
- Professional Diplomas for Internationals: A wide variety of professional certificates such as Technology Management, Business Administration and Leadership, Practical Project Management, Digital Marketing etc., provide in-depth, practical, and career-focused skills while offering invaluable insight into American professional life and work culture.
- Step UPP: This is a STEP-by-step Undergraduate Preparation Program designed to prepare high school graduates to seek admission to a US research university. As a defined pathway, it allows students to receive an exceptional, progressive preparation for succeeding in the rigorous academic environment of top universities in the US.
- 3+1: This program is for 3rd year university students hoping to apply to graduate school in the USA. Spend your final year of undergraduate study at UCSB, finishing degree units, as well as preparing for graduate school applications and entrance exams, as well as taking some introductory graduate coursework.
- Optional Practical Training (OPT): Set up a temporary (up to 12 months) employment in a field directly related to your major field of study, post completion.
This is a fun-loving, safe, small and culturally diverse community, with a very strong academic foundation. Once you have been admitted to UCSB, we will be in constant contact with you and will hold an extensive orientation with your cohort before academic instruction begins. We will make every effort possible to ensure everyone is well adjusted to UC Santa Barbara and all of its surroundings. Student services we offer are:
- Comprehensive orientation before classes begin
- On campus Student Health Services and student insurance coverage
- F-1 Visa and immigration advising (pre and post arrival)
- Housing assistance through Community Housing Services of UCSB
- Unlimited, free public transportation in Santa Barbara area
- Recreation center membership (for exercise, intramurals, club sports)
- Library use with full access to online, academic journals
Business, STEM, Technology/Computers
Type of School
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Accreditation and CertificationWASC
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory
Test ScoresIELTS: Band 6+, DAAD: C2, Cambridge English: 170+, Duolingo: 100+, TOEIC: 780+, TOEFL: 75+, iTEP: 3.8