Tên Chương trình học
AS Dental Assisting
Next Available Start Dates
31 thg 8, 2020 Choose
Mô tả chi tiết
Registered Dental Assisting Programs are designed to instruct women and men with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform as dental health care paraprofessionals. Students are taught to assist in all phases of general dentistry and dental specialties including prosthodontics, oral surgery, periodontics, endodontics, orthodontics, and paediatric dentistry. Through the Registered Dental Assisting Program students will be taught to perform in expanded functions, trained and licensed in taking dental x-rays, certified in coronal polishing and pit and fissure sealants. The preventive, restorative, business, and employment aspects of dental assisting are also included.
Upon completion of the Program students will be eligible to take the California State Board Examination for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant (R.D.A.) and the Dental Assisting National Board Certification (C.D.A.). The Registered Dental Assisting Program at San Jose City College has full accreditation status from the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association and is approved by the Dental Board of California.
San Jose City College does not charge an application fee
Original Bank Certification Letter indicating required funds in in liquid assets (cannot be from any source of stocks, bonds, or retirement accounts) listed in US dollars (For 2019-2020 year, minimum $21,428 USD required).
Admitted students will receive a letter of acceptance, form I-20, and other admission information. Upon receipt of a complete application, the international admissions staff will review it. Admission decisions will be mailed within 2 weeks.
1. Official English detailed translations of all your secondary and post-secondary transcripts.
2. English Language Proficiency Requirement:
a. By Examination: Scores must be sent directly by testing agency
- TOEFL School Code: 4686 Dept Code: 00, Minimum Score: 500 paper-based; 61 iBT
- IELTS Academic Module Minimum Band Score: 5.5
- STEP-EIKEN Minimum Score: Step 2A
- PTE: Academic Test Minimum Score: 42
b. Completion of the prerequisite course for college level English at U.S. institution.
c. Participation in Partner English Language Program
|Tuition & Other Fees||$ 6,864|
|Estimated Books & Supplies||$1,422|
|Mandatory Health Insurance||$1,422|
|Estimated Living Expenses||$9,200|
|Estimated Other Personal Expenses||$2,520|
|Total Estimated Cost||$21,428|
* Costs of uniforms, books, safety items, and miscellaneous supplies are estimated at $1,000-$1,500 for the 11 months of the program. Costs are spread out over the 11 months. Approximately $600 is needed at the start of the program.