Master of Science in Criminal Justice
The Master of Science in Criminal Justice program provides an advanced understanding of the nature, causes, and consequences of crime; society's reaction to criminal and delinquent behavior; and the three major components (law enforcement, courts, and corrections) of the criminal justice system.
Available in traditional and fully online formats, the degree poses a myriad of benefits for students. Students desiring to secure managerial, administrative, and other positions of leadership can expect to receive enhanced professional and leadership development, while students interested in pursuing terminal degree (doctor of philosophy, juris doctorate) upon graduation can expect to receive thorough training and preparation.
As well, our program not only maintains a low student-professor ratio, but our graduate courses are offered by practitioner-scholars in traditional, hybrid, and online environments, a unique feature that makes our graduate program as accessible as possible to both full-time professionals and young adults who have recently finished their undergraduate degrees.
We will require from you:
- Application fee: Free
- Proof of funds
- Student visa
- Official transcripts from each college attended
- Academic Statement (300 - 500 word essay explaining why you chose to attend CSU and your academic and professional goals)
- GMAT scores (if requested by the admissions committee)
- Two signed letters of recommendation
Confirmed English proficiency is required and can be met in the following ways:
- TOEFL: 71 iBT Code for Charleston Southern University is 5079
- IELTS: 6.0
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): 51
- International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP): 3.7