Next Available Start Dates
Dental hygienists play an important role in helping patients maintain oral health and prevent oral diseases. You will learn how to inspect the mouth, remove stains and deposits from teeth, apply preventative agents, and prepare clinical and diagnostic tests. You’ll also learn how to take dental x-rays and perform many other services related to oral care. You’ll get training in counseling patients about nutrition, oral hygiene and dental care, and will gain skills in reviewing medical history, administering screening exams, assessing periodontal health, exposing x-rays and administering local anesthesia. With this training, you’ll be prepared for credentialing exams and a great career as a dental hygienist.
Application Fee: $30 (non-refundable)
Admission to Fox Valley Technical College requires:
- Dental Teasa Teas (Test of Essential Academic Skills) composite score of 58.7 or above is required for admission to the Pre-Associate Degree Nursing and Dental Hygiene
- High School Transcript
- Submit a final, official high school transcript or an official copy of GED/HSED certification scores.
- TEAS INTERP
- Upon completion of TEAS, call Counseling and Advising at 920-735-5696 to discuss program and requirements.
- Dental Technical Standard
- Read, sign and submit the Technical Standards found at www.fvtc.edu/dentaltechstandards.
- English Test Scores Minimum TOEFL (70) or IELTS (6).
- Test scores are NOT required if enrolling into our Intensive English Program.
- High School Diploma Provide an official copy of a high school diploma or completion certificate; translated into English.
- College Transcripts Transcripts from a non U.S. university / college must be provided with a U.S. credential evaluation report through either the Education Credential Evaluators (www.ece.org) or World Education Services (www.wes.org).
Current F-1 students studying in the U.S.A.
- All documents mentioned AND;
- Copy of current, valid VISA,
- Copies of ALL issued I-20 forms,
- Official copy of college transcript.
- If you are planning on bringing dependents (spouse, children) an additional $8,000 per dependent must be available and verified on financial documentations.
- Provide a copy of a current, non-expired passport for each dependent.
- Sponsor Form I-134, Affidavit of Support is only required if another person(s) will be sponsoring you with financial support. One form per sponsor is required.
|Tuition & Other Fees||$5,500***|
|Housing, Meals, Personal Expenses||$10,000**|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000**|
|International Student Orientation Course Fee||$350*|
|International Admissions Processing Fee||$100*|
|Total required funds shown on bank statement||$17,580|
*One-time payment /
**Estimated costs /
***Equivalent to approximately 24 credits per year, 12 credits per semester required