Master of Business Administration
Next Available Start Dates
2020. 8. 24. Choose
Charleston Southern University offers one of the best business schools for the greatest value. CSU has been named to America's 100 Best College Buys and America's Best Christian Colleges. The College of Business offers an MBA that is personal, flexible and practical.
The program is more affordable than competing MBA programs in South Carolina, including The Citadel, College of Charleston and the University of South Carolina. It is also less expensive than the largest online MBA programs, including Liberty University, the University of Phoenix and Strayer University. We know that you have individual needs and everyone has a different calling; therefore, we have six distinct emphases including accounting, finance, leadership, management information systems, human resource management and general management.
The Master of Business Administration consists of a minimum of thirty-three (33) semester-hours of credit. The 33 hour requirement will include a core curriculum, quasi-core, and emphasis electives. In addition, those students who enter the program lacking adequate background in specific areas of business, as determined by our graduate faculty, will be required to take prerequisite courses in those fields and may include as many as five additional courses for students with no business background.
We will require from you:
Passport and visa documents
A clear copy of your complete identification page of your passport is needed. The copy should show all four edges of the document.
- If you are already in the United States, copies of your visa, I-94 with travel history, and I-20 may be required.
International Financial Statement
If you will be applying for a F-1 student visa to study in the United States, you are required to submit financial documentation to prove that you have sufficient funds for your study. Funding amount may vary from program to program.
If you or your parents are providing your support you must submit a bank statement or International Student Financial Statement showing availability of funds for the required tuition and costs amount. Bank statements must not be older than 180 days (6 months).
If the student's studies will be supported by a private sponsor, an Affidavit of Support and bank statements are needed that show availability of funds for the required tuition and costs amount. Bank statements must not be older than 180 days (6 months).
- Official Transcripts must be received directly from the school or government agency.
- Official English translations must accompany any document in a language other than English.
- Any transcript from a non-American school must be evaluated by WES or ECE.
GMAT or GRE scores
- Some programs may request that GRE/GMAT scores are submitted.
- Scores must be sent directly from the respective testing agency. Charleston Southern University's school code is 5079.
- Confirmed English proficiency is required and can be met in the following ways:
- TOEFL: 71 iBT Code for Charleston Southern University is 5079
- IELTS: 6.0
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): 51
- International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP): 3.7
Students transferring from another US school
An International Student Eligibility Form must be completed by the International Student Advisor or Designated School Official. The student must also provide copies of their current visa, I-20 and I-94 with travel history.
- Official transcripts from every university/college ever attended
- Two signed letters of recommendation
- Academic Statement (300 - 500 word essay explaining why you chose to attend CSU and your academic and professional goals)
- Official Test Scores if requested:
In any reputable MBA program, a GMAT may be required in order to determine whether the applicant has the potential to successfully complete the program. The GMAT may be waived if the admissions committee believes that your educational and work histories demonstrate this ability to their satisfaction.