Master of Science in HRM
Next Available Start Dates
2020. 8. 24. Choose
The Master of Science in Human Resource Management (HRM) provides current and aspiring HRM practitioners with the theoretical and practical tools necessary to practice effectively in the field and to prepare for HRM professional certification testing. The program was created with working professionals in mind offering courses online and in the evening.
We will require from you:
- Official transcripts from each college attended
- Academic Statement (300 - 500 word essay explaining why you chose to attend CSU and your academic and professional goals)
- GMAT scores (if requested by the admissions committee)
- Two signed letters of recommendation
- Residential courses are scheduled one night a week from 6 – 9 p.m.
- There are 11 courses required to complete your MS (33 credit hours).
- No prerequisite courses are required for this program
- At the end of the program, students will be well positioned to tackle professional certification exams
The student will be able to do the following:
- Understand the nature of the HRM function in organizations.
- Recognize the interplay between HRM and strategic management in a diverse, increasingly global environment.
- Apply concepts to professional practice, being equipped with the tools necessary to execute HRM tasks and to assess one’s own HRM abilities.
- Demonstrate the skills (including writing skills) necessary to create and apply standard HRM practices through academic papers, projects, and presentations.
- Acquire most of the core HRM body of knowledge that will aid students pursuing initial HR professional certification.
Confirmed English proficiency is required and can be met in the following ways:
- TOEFL: 71 iBT Code for Charleston Southern University is 5079
- IELTS: 6.0
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): 51
- International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP): 3.7