Next Available Start Dates
2020. 8. 24. Choose
Robotics is a field that deals with the design, construction and operation of robots, including both robot software and hardware. Robotics is a rapidly emerging, distinct field that encompasses the disciplines of physics and computer science.
What Will I Learn?
You will learn how to think analytically and critically and reason logically. You will engage in problem solving and gain experience designing and building systems. Robotics majors learn about both components of robotics — software programming and hardware like sensors and actuators. The robotics major is interdisciplinary, so you will be taught by professors in the computer science, physics and mathematics departments. The major has a significant experiential component built into it that will propel you into internships and other applied learning experiences.
What is Unique About Our Program?
Very few undergraduate robotics program exist in the nation. SUNY Plattsburgh’s robotics program has a larger emphasis on programming with less focus on hardware or engineering like many other programs. At its core, the curriculum targets small robotics systems, while most other programs focus more on robots used for industrial purposes. Mentoring among faculty and students is a central part of the program.
Pay the $50 Application Fee and please submit:
- Official Bank Statement or notarized letter from a financial institution, translated to English, verifying funds are available to cover expenses (30,000 USD)
- Copy of your non-expired passport
- Proof of completion of high school
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Freshmen: High school average of 85+ on a 100 point scale
- Transfers: G.P.A. of 2.5+/4.0
- Proof of English proficiency: IELTS 6.5+; TOEFL IBT 76+
Results on several other standardized examinations are also acceptable