Overseas university education is often expensive, but it does not have to be so costly. Have you ever wondered how to get easy college admission, and save $40,000 on the cost of your Bachelor’s degree in the USA? Well, there is a program called “2+2” University Transfer, where students study a US community college for 2 years and transfer to a university for the final 2 years of Bachelor’s degree. Often students think they cannot afford a full university’s bachelor’s degree that could cost easily $150,000 (tuition only) over 4 years. There are many ways to save money and have a great educational experience with the 2+2 University Transfer program.
Washington State University
- School Size
- Type of School
University/Intensive English Program
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Engineering, Science
Accreditation and Certification
CEA, EnglishUSA Member, NWCCU
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory
- Social Media
The Washington State University Difference
Washington State University (WSU), established in 1890, is a top ranked state university in the USA. The university’s diverse student body of over 28,000 students come from all 50 states and includes over 1,900 international students from 98 countries. Students can choose from more than 200 fields of study, many of which have been honored nationally and internationally for excellence.
International students can begin their studies at the Washington State University Intensive American Language Center (WSU IALC) with full-time intensive English studies and then seamlessly move into their undergraduate or graduate study programs. While studying at the Intensive American Language Center students learn academic English, gain cultural understanding and experience, and develop foundational academic skills for their academic success.
Why You Should Choose to Study at Washington State University
At Washington State University, students learn from caring professors who help them to be successful. Faculty mentors accept students into their research teams in almost every area of study. Students are encouraged to be involved in academic research and scholarship activities, regardless of major.
- 95 undergraduate majors and nearly 150 graduate and professional degree programs, including:
- A variety of Engineering specialties
- Veterinary medicine
- Research opportunities
The Washington State University Intensive American Language Center
The Washington State University Intensive American Language Center (WSU IALC) provides a safe and supportive environment in which to live and study. Founded in 1984, the IALC offers five eight-week sessions per calendar year. Students are enrolled in one of 6 levels of language instruction and are required to participate in 21-24 hours of instruction per week. Completion of the IALC level 5 will be accepted in lieu of a TOEFL or IELTS exam score for undergraduate admission. Completion of level 6 will be accepted in lieu of a TOEFL or IELTS exam score for graduate school admission.
Students are prepared for academic success through core English classes:
- Special elective classes based on academic and cultural interests
With a highly qualified faculty, and modern teaching methods and materials, the IALC offers an outstanding opportunity for students wishing to pursue a rigorous course of studies. Instructors at the IALC hold advanced degrees in Teaching English as a Second Language, and they bring diverse training and experience to our classes. Student services and support are provided by a friendly and helpful office staff.
Additional services provided:
- Free airport pickup from the Pullman/Moscow airport
- Comprehensive placement test
- Extensive orientation
Students may apply directly to the Intensive American Language Center. If they wish to receive a conditional admission offer for one of Washington State University’s Undergraduate Programs, they will need to apply to the Intensive American Language Center at the same time they apply for admission to Washington State University.
With rolling hills, national forests, lakes, white-water rivers and rugged canyons, there are many recreational activities within ten minutes to an hour's drive from Pullman. The small town atmosphere and low crime rate enhance the unique opportunities available in this friendly, culturally diverse community.
Over 20 residence halls, conveniently located near classrooms and dining centers, provide space for students to live and interact on campus. Students have the opportunity to live with other like-minded students as many residence halls focus around particular academic, social or international issues: Global Scholars Hall, Honors Hall, Wellness Hall and a Math, Science and Engineering Hall.
Students can also find housing in on-campus apartments or live in nearby apartments off-campus that are available within walking distance to the university.
University Facilities & Services
- Free public transit system
- Free access to internet and computer labs
- Modern libraries
- Student Health & Wellness Center
- Dining services, restaurants and coffee shops
- Art gallery, concerts and special lectures
- Writing, mathematics, and tutoring centers
- Office of International Programs to support student needs
All students have access to WSU’s state-of-the-art Student Recreation Center.
- 160,000 square foot fitness center with a lap pool, leisure pool, spa, courts for volleyball, basketball, indoor soccer and other sports, weight rooms and cardio equipment
- Wellness programs: massage therapy, personal trainers, physical assessment, weight loss program and more
You will feel welcomed and supported in all that you wish to do. You will create lifelong friendships and deepen your awareness of the world by participating in a wide range of activities.
- Orientation programs
- Friends and Family programming
- Conversation Partner programs
- International Education Week
- 300+ active international and cultural clubs
- Excursions to local historical sites, adventure locations, and attractions
- Global Learning opportunities, including options to study abroad
- Honors College programs
- Opportunities for employment on campus
Please contact us with any questions you may have or requests for information about studying at Washington State University.
McAllister Hall, Room 116
Pullman WA 99164-3251
International Undergraduate Admissions & Recruitment
Bryan Hall Room 206
PO Box 645121
Pullman WA 99164-5121
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Animal Science
- Apparel and Textile Design
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Statistics
- Architectural Engineering
- Art History
- Arts and Design
- Arts and Humanities
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biosystems Engineering
- Business Information Systems
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Construction Management
- Criminal Justice
- Crop and Soil Sciences
- Earth Science
- Electrical Engineering
- English Literature
- Environment Development
- Environmental Biology/Microbiology
- Food Science
- Hospitality Business Management
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Human Nutrition
- Landscape Architecture
- Liberal Arts
- Literature in English
- Mechanical Engineering
- Music Composition
- Plant Biology
- Political Science
- Public Relations
- Women's and Gender Studies
- English for Academic Purposes
- English Language (ESL)
- General English Programs
- IELTS in the USA
- Intensive English as a Second Language
- Summer Intensive English
- English Language (ESL)
- General English Programs
Updated: Jan 21, 2020
Updated: Apr 10, 2018
Danny Leowardy from Indonesia: Studying Hospitality Business Management at Washington State University
Danny Leowardy from Indonesia is a junior, majoring in Hospitality Business Management at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington.
Updated: Apr 20, 2015
Suji Han, from South Korea, is a junior majoring in Art and Sculpture while also improving her English. She is attending the Intensive American Language Center (IALC) at Washington State University (WSU).