Taking a vacation to the United States is an endless adventure! There is so much to see and do, but why not take advantage of your time in the USA to improve your English?
Texas Christian University
- School Size
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Engineering, Biology
Accreditation and Certification
SACSCOC, AACSB, ABET
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory
TOEFL: 80+, IELTS: Band 6.5+, Duolingo: 110+
- Social Media
WHO WE ARE
TCU's mission is: To educate individuals to think and act as ethical leaders and responsible citizens in the global community.
- #4 Best Housing by Princeton Review
- #10 Best Schools for Internships
- #80 in National Universities/ U.S. News & World Report
- 76 Countries Represented
- 13:1 Ratio student to faculty ratio
- 98% Undergraduate Classes Taught by a Professor
- Division 1 Sports --free entry to all students
- 81% Experience Internships
- #11 Best Career Services by Princeton Review
- State of the art Recreation Center
- Over 200 student organizations, including international groups
LOCATION in Dallas/Fort Worth
- A beautiful campus within walking distance of stores, restaurants, and banks
- Three miles from downtown Fort Worth, 25 miles from D/FW International Airport, and 35 miles from Dallas
- Dormitory rooms, equipped with state-of-the-art computer and telephone connections; affordable apartments are also available within walking distance of campus
- Over 150 student organizations (including several international student groups)
- A full range of recreational activities including swimming pools, weight rooms, tennis courts, gymnasiums, and racquetball courts
- The Fort Worth-Dallas Metroplex is the 4th largest metropolitan area in the United States.
Newsweek magazine recognizes Fort Worth as one of America’s top cities. Fort Worth is a sophisticated urban environment highlighted by:
- A Safe, Family-Oriented Atmosphere
- Experience the western heritage in the historic Stockyards District
- Cultural opportunities including world-class art museums, Texas’ oldest opera company, a symphony orchestra, ballet, and live theater, and International cultural exchanges with seven sister cities on four different continents
- The #1 zoo in the USA, spacious parks and botanical gardens to enjoy in our warm, mild climate
- DFW metroplex is home to professional teams in all major sports
TCU offers undergraduate and graduate programs in more than 130 areas including business, engineering, computer science, psychology, strategic communication, education, music, graphic design, economics, political science, nursing, and biology. Our business school is exceptionally well known in the U.S., ranked #1 for faculty by The Economist magazine and ranked #26 undergraduate program in the U.S. by Poets & Quants. With its long-standing reputation for excellence in academic teaching and research, TCU is accredited by SACS.
TCU offers merit-based scholarships. First Year and Transfer International students scholarships range from $12,000.00 to 51,570.00. TCU offers need-based financial aid to international students, based on the CSS PROFILE.
Careers and Internships
Within the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, there are 24 Fortune 500 companies. It's home to Exxon Mobil, JP MorganChase, AT&T, American Airlines, 7-Eleven, Southwest Airlines, Fed Ex Office, McKesson, Jacobs Engineering, and Kimberly-Clarke.
Each of our academic colleges has a career consultant to help students connect and prepare for interviews with prospective employers. This access to a specialized industry point person is a great way to boost your postgraduate employment possibilities. 81% of TCU students do internships, and scholarships are available for those who do unpaid summer internships.
While your academic credentials are most important (applicants should demonstrate high scholastic achievement in their secondary and post-secondary studies), we also consider your talents, leadership potential, and determination to make a difference.
- Application Fee
- Official High School Transcript
- Counselor Evaluation/Recommendation
- Teacher Evaluation/Recommendation
- Official College Transcripts
- National exam results if applicable
- SAT or ACT-optional
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System), Duolingo – For those whose native language is not English. Required scores: 80 TOEFL. 110 Duolingo or 6.5 IELTS. The TOEFL/IELTS, Duolingo may be waived for applicants with strong SAT or ACT scores or for those who have completed at least 24 hours of transferable academic credit (including English composition) from a college in the U.S.
- TCU Financial Statement completed by the applicant and the applicant’s sponsor and accompanied by a letter from the sponsor’s bank and employer.
- November 1 - Early Action & Early Decision
- February 1 - Regular Decision
- April 15-Transfer Application Deadline
TCU Box 297720
Fort Worth TX 76129
- Arts and Humanities
- Environmental Studies and Sustainability
- Liberal Arts
Updated: Aug 19, 2020
Updated: Jul 15, 2020
With so many great cities across the country, it can be difficult to decide on a single location to study. One city full of opportunity is Austin, Texas. Austin has an abundance of schools with great educational programs, a rich, diverse culture and incredible entertainment options.
Updated: Feb 15, 2017
Alan LI, from China, completed the Intensive English Program at Texas Christian University and is now a freshman, majoring in Business at the University.