- School Size
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Astrophysics and Astronomy, Business, Biology
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Apartment
TOEFL: 70+ , IELTS: Band 6+, PTE Academic: 50+, Duolingo: 100+
- Social Media
Think Deeply. Act Boldly.
I Am Lycoming
Lycoming offers 43 majors and 66 minors, but encourages students to craft customized, cross-disciplinary, and market-driven programs tailored to their specific interests and career goals.
- #117 on the U.S. News & World Report National Liberal Arts Colleges list
- #25 on the U.S. News Social Mobility list
- #61 on the Washington Monthly Liberal Arts list
- One of "The Best 386 Colleges" for undergraduate education by The Princeton Review
A Welcoming and Diverse Community
Lycoming is an exclusively undergraduate institution serving 1,200 students from approximately 26 states and territories and 13 countries. Thirty-seven percent of students are domestic students of color or international. New international students are picked up at their port of entry, transported to campus, and provided a complete orientation program upon arrival.
Why Lycoming College?
- 100% of international students receive scholarships of up to $32,000 per year (up to $120,000 over four years).
- Students in F-1 status are permitted to work on campus for up to 20 hours per week.
- A student-to-faculty ratio of 12:1 fosters workshops, hands-on labs, and discussion-based learning.
- Professors know students by name and some even invite students to their homes for dinner!
- 100% of students participate in at least one applied learning experience, such as internships, study abroad, or student-faculty research.
- There are more than 80 chartered clubs/organizations and 25 intercollegiate/intramural sports teams to participate in.
Lycoming College is located in Williamsport, in the heart of Pennsylvania's Susquehanna River Valley. It is a five-minute walk from the downtown business and shopping district. The campus boasts a new state-of-the-art science building, modern renovated academic center, and exciting new gateway center. A new music building is also slated to open in the fall of 2022.
Students can take advantage of Williamsport’s beautiful natural surroundings by skiing, hiking, rock-climbing, kayaking, and participating in other activities through the College's Outdoor Leadership and Education program. Williamsport is also conveniently located within four hours of Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York City, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C., enabling students to take day or weekend trips to major metropolitan areas.
Learning Outside of the Classroom
- Lycoming’s Center for Enhanced Academic Experiences aids students in finding and preparing for internships, fieldwork, student-faculty research, and global study. It also provides students with subject-specific career advising and pre-professional/graduate school guidance.
- A 120-acre Biology Field Station enables the study of aquatic biology, ecology, plant science, zoology, and environmental biology, and also serves as an archaeological field school.
- Lycoming’s downtown art gallery allows students to work with visiting artists to curate local and national exhibitions, including the annual senior show, and has private senior art studio space.
- A partnership with Williamsport’s Community Arts Center enables music students to perform and collaborate with community ensembles.
What International Students Have To Say
Valeria Renée Rivera ’22 - San Salvador, El Salvador
Business administration and art (commercial design) double-major
Art history minor
“Lycoming turned out to be the school that supported me the most financially, so I committed. I was a very different person when I first came to the U.S. I lacked leadership skills and struggled with my self-esteem. However, Lyco gave me the tools and opportunities I needed to come out of my shell and mature into the woman I am today. Despite my international background, I am walking into my senior year with a double major and a minor while being a member of Greek Life; a student athlete; a campus leader in several organizations; a writing, subject, and ESL tutor; and a student worker for several departments.”
Ha-Anh Nguyen ’22 - Hanoi, Vietnam
Criminal justice minor
“I came to study at Lycoming College because I wanted to study more about the issues that matter to me. I learned a great deal from the majors I chose -- psychology and criminal justice. Perhaps more importantly, I also learned about issues like racism, equality, discrimination, and acceptance in global society. This has only strengthened my determination to be a person who makes a personal and positive impact on society.”
Girishwaree (Sharvina) Ramphul '21 - Grand Port, Mauritius
Accounting and economics double-major
“The professors and career advisors in the Accounting Department have provided me with exceptional support both as a student and a recent graduate. The accounting programs are very well structured to support ambitious career goals. For example, a student can successfully complete a 150 credit program within 4 years if they are willing to work hard and follow the valuable advice of both faculty and staff. The career advisors in the department helped me carefully craft essential documents like a strong resume, which was so helpful as I entered the job market. Lycoming also offers all students amazing leadership opportunities, which are important in developing professional skills. I also appreciate the wide variety of student life activities I could participate in at very little or no extra cost. I even went to see shows on Broadway! This was an amazing experience for me as an international student!”
Hiyori Iai '24 - Zushi, Japan
“I felt I was very welcomed by each group I joined: Beta Phi Gamma (Greek organization), Multicultural Awareness Group, Society of Physics Students, and Cross Country. All the people I interacted with were passionate and loving. You will definitely find your place, your people, and your new passions by being part of Lycoming College.”
One College Place
Williamsport PA 17701
- Acting & Performing Arts
- Applied Business (Entrepreneurship)
- Applied Business (Management)
- Applied Business (Marketing)
- Applied Digital Marketing
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Statistics
- Art History
- Arts and Humanities
- Astrophysics and Astronomy
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Business Administration
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice
- English Literature
- Environmental Biology/Microbiology
- Environmental Studies and Sustainability
- Film Studies
- Global Studies in the Arts and Humanities
- Graphics/Multimedia & Web Design
- Human Biology
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Relations
- Liberal Arts
- Literature in English
- Marketing and Communications
- Mass Communications
- Microbiology & Molecular Genetics
- Plant Biology
- Political Science
- Social Science
- Special Education
- Studio Art
- Women's and Gender Studies
- World Languages and Culture
- World Politics (BA)