The College at Brockport SUNY
The State University of New York (SUNY) - Brockport offers 50 undergraduate majors and 50 graduate programs.
The State University of New York (SUNY) - Brockport offers 50 undergraduate majors and 50 graduate programs. We are rated among the “Best in the Northeast” by The Princeton Review and ranked among “America’s Best Colleges” by US News & World Report.
A leading public institution, Brockport is a comprehensive university with a robust academic portfolio and excellent co-curricular opportunities. Rigorous programs in the arts, humanities, and sciences are complemented with a rich array of professional programs and innovative graduate degrees.
Activities for International Students
International Student Services (ISS) provides academic and social support to all international students. ISS often holds cultural events such as the annual International Festival as well as numerous other activities throughout the semester (Niagara Falls trip, International Food Market, etc.)
The International Student Organization (ISO) is a student-run cultural club that seeks to promote inter-cultural communication and to strengthen the international community at SUNY Brockport. ISO organizes a wide variety of events ranging from pizza nights to open cultural discussions. Every week, a student or a group of students volunteer to talk about their country and discuss the different aspects of their culture. International foods, music, and games are always present!
SUNY- Brockport prepares our students academically to be multidimensional - scholars and professionals who will achieve success on their own terms. Our comprehensive approach to education combines critical thinking with out-of-classroom experience, and personal development with community service.
Many of our academic programs are nationally or internationally accredited. At both the undergraduate and graduate levels, students conduct original research, pursue scholarly and creative works, complete internships, study abroad, and participate in specialized academic programs.
Thirteen of our undergraduate and graduate programs have earned accreditation for meeting high- standards:
- American Chemical Society (Undergraduate)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (Undergraduate)
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (Undergraduate)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (Undergraduate)
- Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (Undergraduate)
- Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (Graduate)
- Council on Social Work Education (Graduate and Undergraduate)
- National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Addiction Counselors (Undergraduate)
- National Association of Schools of Dance (Graduate and Undergraduate)
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (Graduate)
- National Association of Schools of Theatre (Undergraduate)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (Graduate and Undergraduate)
- National Recreation and Park Association/American Association for Recreation and Leisure (Undergraduate)
International Students Academic Scholarships
You may be eligible for a scholarship for undergraduate study! If you are a first-time freshman student and meet our criteria, you may receive a scholarship when you receive your acceptance. You do not have to complete a separate application.
This scholarship is renewable as long as you maintain eligibility. These scholarships cannot be combined with one another, nor can they be combined with the Honors College Scholarship. They can be combined with scholarships from the Brockport Foundation.
The Brockport Foundation awards more than 350 scholarships annually. These scholarship range from departmental to college-wide awards. During the 2015-16 academic year, Foundation scholarships provided more than $400,000 in assistance.
The College awards the Honors Scholarship (about $10,000 per year) to qualified entering freshman students every fall semester. You'll also receive an iPad, a campus parking pass, and priority registration. Other benefits such as Honors students housing, Honors lounges, and access to Honors courses are also included.
Business, Kinesiology, Marketing
Type of School
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Accreditation and CertificationABET
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Dormitory
Test ScoresTOEFL: 70+ , IELTS: Band 6+