American Language Academy
American Language Academy (ALA) is a nationally accredited language institution that is authorized by the U.S. federal government to enroll non-immigrant students. ALA was established in 2007 and has served the needs of many English language learners from around the world. ALA provides various English language courses of full-time intensive and part time schedules. Courses are offered via face to face classroom and modern interactive online instruction..
ALA admits students of all races, genders, religions, nationalities, ethnic groups, and educational standing. ALA provides meaningful, engaging, and challenging educational experiences. ALA programs are designed to give personal attention to every student in small, open, diverse, and interactive classes that are comfortable and enjoyable to learn. Students also participate in American cultural activities, field trips, and extracurricular social events created to cultivate their English language skills.
English learners from around the world who wish to increase their English language skills for academic, professional, and social purposes will find various courses to meet their goals. ALA’s highly ranked Academic English courses focus on preparing students for admission to higher education at high school, colleges and universities in the U.S. ALA has partnerships with many excellent colleges and universities across the US that provide our Level 5 graduates with direct admission to undergraduate and graduate programs. This pathway program grants conditional admisssion with NO TOFEL test requirement.
- American Language Academy, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Bennett College, Greensboro, North Carolina
WHY CHOOSE ALA
- ALA centers in the United States are fully accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
- ALA is authorized under U.S. federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students and to issue Form I-20 for F-1 visa students.
- ALA’s instruction integrates all English language skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing, with vocabulary, pronuciation and grammar
- ALA specializes in intensive Academic English with seven different proficiency levels.
- ALA University partners provide a pathway (NO TOEFL test) for graduates from ALA’s Level 5.
- ALA University partners issue Conditional Letters of Admission for ALA enrolled students.
- ALA provides a quality learning experience with small, diverse and interactive classes that are designed for rapid language acquisition.
- ALA structures its programs schedules to provide flexibility with open enrollment and options.
- ALA offers free experiential learning with American cultural activities, field trips, and social events.
- ALA’s faculty are highly dedicated and experienced, professional, and native speakers who are committed to teaching excellence
- ALA’s caring and personal staff will provide an extensive range of free advising, housing assistance and student services.
ALA English Language Programs, Courses and More
Integrated English language skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing, with vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar.
Programs – These courses are offered face 2 face & online
- Intensive English Program (IEP): Levels Intro to Level 6
- English for Academic Purposes Program (EAP): Introduction, Level 1 to 6
- General English Program (GEP): Introduction, Low Beginner, High Beginner, Low Intermediate, Intermediate, High Intermediate, and Advanced
Other Programs & Courses Available Upon Request:
- GED, GRE, GMAT, Test Prep Courses
- TOEFL and IELTS
- English for Specific Purpose ( Careers )
- Business English
- TESL Teacher Practicum Program (TTPP)
- Intensive Teacher Training EFL Program
- Foreign Language Courses
- Youth Programs
- Summer camps with tours
- Tutoring and Mentoring
ALA University Pathways
- Our 90+ university partners grant ALA’s Academic English Level 5 graduates direct admission with NO TOEFL, IELTS, or other language proficiency test scores required. A conditional letter of admission (CLA) is provided upon enrollment to ALA in anticipation of the students’ successful completion of Academic English level 5.
- ALA offers American Universities Pathway Programs (AUPP) a unique, full support online learning program which ALA student can take while or after studying English:
- Allows student to enroll in and earn credit from U.S. university online courses.
- Trained and certified mentors/coaches to assist AUPP students
- Online student support services, including one-on-one tutoring
Contact American Language Academy Now
English for Academic Purposes, General English Programs, TOEFL and University Preparation
Type of School
Intensive & Semi-Intensive English Program
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Accreditation and CertificationCEA, EnglishUSA Member
Type of HousingHomestay, Apartment, Dormitory