- School Size
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Engineering, Biology
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory
IELTS: Band 6.5+, TOEFL: 79+, ELS: Level 112, Duolingo: 100+, PTE Academic: 55+
- Social Media
Hope College is a premier undergraduate institution offering world-class academic experiences and facilities. Students come to Hope for the highly ranked academic programs, personal attention from professors (11:1 ratio), and excellent placement rates into top graduate programs. For some students, Hope's Christian character is a positive feature.
Outstanding research: Hope ranked #23, tied with Cornell, and is one of only 64 colleges and universities recognized for providing outstanding undergraduate research/creative project opportunities, counted among universities like Yale, Stanford, MIT, Princeton, and Northwestern.
People who rank American colleges and universities have heard of Hope! Here's what they say:
- Top 100 Liberal Arts - Wall Street Journal
- Top Tier of National Liberal Arts - US News and World Report
- #11 "I'd Choose it Again" - Wall Street Journal
- #89 "Best Liberal Arts" - Forbes
- #30 "Most Affordable Quality" - Money Magazine
- #89 “Top Counselor Picks” - US News and World Report
- One of 40 schools listed in a widely used book called Colleges That Change Lives.
- #1 Liberal Arts College in Michigan, and #63 in America - Niche College Rankings
Nationally Accredited Programs
Accreditations are an extremely important indicator of a program's quality. They are also important when applying to graduate programs.
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
American Chemical Society
American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Council on Social Work Education
National Association of Schools of Art and Design
National Association of Schools of Dance
National Association of Schools of Music
National Association of Schools of Theatre.
Hope is located in Holland, Michigan, a safe and supportive community of approximately 33,000. Holland enjoys all four seasons and is located near the shore of beautiful Lake Michigan. Holland has been recognized as one of America's most beautiful (Parade Magazine), Friendliest (Gallup-Healthwise), and safest (Forbes and Farmers Insurance) mid-sized cities in America. There is a strong relationship between the college and community, and many leaders are mentors to Hope students. Also, many local businesses provide excellent internships.
Academic Programs, Off-Campus Study, and Internships
- With over 80 majors and over 300 professors, Hope offers more choice and depth than most smaller schools. Top programs include Engineering, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Biology, Neuroscience, Physics, Dance, and Business.
- Internships are available to all students in all majors.
- Semester study opportunities are available in Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C.
- International study programs are available in over 300 locations in more than 70 countries
- Modern, high-tech classroom and laboratory faclities
- Excellent career planning and guidance in our Boerighter Career Center
Hope College welcomes students of ALL faiths, as well as students who are still discovering what role faith plays in ther lives. For many students, Hope’s Christian character provides context as they prepare for life and career. They appreciate the opportunity to explore and grow in their faith as it relates to their studies. Campus Ministries provides many opportunities through Bible studies, retreats, chapel services, and service trips.
Students who follow a different faith, or have no specific religious ties, find Hope to be a warm, accepting and non-judgmental place. They appreciate the opportunity for open and honest conversation without pressure to conform. Regardless of your religious heritage, Hope will build you up and support you.
Housing and Food
- Excellent housing is available to all students for all four years. Options include residence halls, apartments, and small housing units, called "cottages".
- Hope's food service is award-winning and serves 21 meals per week. International students are able to get meals and lodging over breaks.
Campus Life and Social Life
Hope students are involved! What's your passion?
- Cultural Events
- Event Planning
- Spiritual Life
- Fine Arts
- Service to Others
- Student Government
- Unique Traditional Events
International Student Support
- Excellent support and non-academic advising by the Office of International Education
- Special Orientation for New International Students and Parents
- Hope's Host Family program provides support and a welcoming connection with a local family.
With a vibrant community that develops the whole person – mind, body, and spirit – there has never been a better time to consider Hope!
69 East 10th Street
Holland MI 49423
- Acting (BFA)
- Art History
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Business Administration
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Physics
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- English Literature
- Environmental Studies and Sustainability
- Foreign Language Teaching
- Geological Sciences
- International Relations
- Liberal Arts
- Microbiology & Molecular Genetics
- Music Composition
- Natural Science
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Special Education
- Studio Art
- Women's and Gender Studies