Howard Community College
English Institute (EI)
Choose from courses in many skills, including grammar, pronunciation, reading, speaking, spelling, TOEFL preparation, vocabulary, writing, and specialized skills like English for business purposes Experienced faculty: 80% have master’s degrees or Ph.Ds.
What is your goal? At HCC, you can get there from here.
- No TOEFL required
- Choose from courses in many skills, including grammar, pronunciation, reading, speaking, spelling, TOEFL preparation, vocabulary, writing, and specialized skills like English for business purposes
- Experienced faculty: 80% have master’s degrees or Ph.Ds.
- Friendly advising team to answer your questions and assist with your transition to life in the USA
- Exciting activities, including trips to New York City and Washington, D.C.
- Certificates offered for completion of level, completion of program, and business and professional program
- Scholarships available
- Location: Columbia, Maryland ranked #1 on Money magazine’s “Best Places to Live” list for 2016
- Campus: beautiful buildings and landscape including classrooms with modern technology, athletic and fitness center with pool and gym, performing arts center, café with Starbucks, library, and bookstore
- Cost: lower tuition and payment plans available
- Over 75 degree programs including in-demand careers like business, engineering, and computer science
- 2 years at a community college + 2 years at a university = 4-year bachelor’s degree
- Small class sizes
- Student support: counseling and career center and mentoring program
- Sports: basketball, cross country, soccer, track and field, and volleyball
- 3 academic terms:
- Spring: January – May
- Summer: May – August
- Fall: August – December
- Classes available Monday – Saturday, morning, afternoon, and evening
- Create account at www.howardcc.edu/ei-apply and select “Start a New English Institute (Non-Credit) Application”
- Applications accepted year-round.
Business, Computer Science, Engineering
Type of School
Intensive English Program
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsNo
Conditional Admission AvailableNo
Type of HousingNo housing available