Western New England University
Western New England University is located in Springfield, Massachusetts, which is within driving distance to New York City and Boston. The University serves approximately 3700 students and offers degrees through the College of Arts and Sciences, Business, Engineering, Law, and Pharmacy.
Western New England University is located in Springfield, Massachusetts, which is within driving distance to New York City and Boston. The University serves approximately 3700 students and offers degrees through the College of Arts and Sciences, Business, Engineering, Law, and Pharmacy. The University has achieved the highest accreditation standards for business (AACSB), engineering (ABET), and law (ABA), and U.S. News & World Report lists us among the North Region's "Best Universities-Master's Category". Our Engineering programs are also listed in the top 100 in the United States by U.S. News & World Report.
The WNE Difference
You'll experience more than a great university at Western New England! You'll discover a world-class education in the heart of our postcard-perfect New England campus. At every turn, you'll be inspired by amazing professors conducting research on topics ranging from autism to purifying drinking water through acoustic waves. You will feel supported and confident in your studies as well as in landing your dream internship. Three key elements set Western New England University apart:
- Focused on You - All classes are intentionally small allowing your faculty to truly get to know you and we are focused on mentorship from day one. Beyond the classroom, the staff and administrators are also always available to help you be as successful as possible!
- Unique Experiences - We offer our students many opportunities for real world learning from trading an actual $100,000 student-managed investment fund to engineering a surgical device to presenting research at national conferences. The University has over 1,000 internship sites including at places like LEGO systems, PricewaterhouseCoopers, IBM and Verizon to name a few. The curriculum is also focused on cross-disciplinary learning allowing students to think outside of the realm of just their major.
- We Hold the Door - Literally! This gesture represents the small genuinely welcoming and caring community that is Western New England University!
Springfield Massachusetts is the third largest city in the state and is home to approximately 154,000. It is less than 150km west of Boston and 230km northeast of New York City. Springfield has a number of attractions such as 42 parks, the Basketball Hall of Fame, Symphony Hall, a variety of museums and MGM. Bradley International Airport is 30 minutes from campus and the bus and train station is only 15 minutes making getting to us very convenient!
International Admission Requirements
As part of the admissions process, international students must show proof of English proficiency. All the ways in which this requirement can be met can be found on our website at www.wne.edu/english-requirement.
Undergraduate students can apply through the Common Application or our online application at https://connect.wne.edu/apply/. We will require the official high school transcript and any university transcripts (if applicable). SAT scores are optional.
Graduate application requirements vary by program.
We offer undergraduate scholarships that range from $8,000 to $21,000 per year depending on your academic profile when you apply. SAT scores are not required to be eligible for a scholarship and the scholarship is renewable for all four years of undergraduate study.
We do not have any scholarships, fellowships or assistantships for our master's programs; however our programs are very competitively priced! We do offer a fellowship for the PhD in Engineering Management program.
Western New England University Quick Facts
- 3,792 students from 36 states and territories and 30 different countries
- Student/faculty ratio of 12:1
- Over 50 majors, 40 minors and a large number of joint degree programs to choose from
- 98% of students receive financial aid from the University
- The University is celebrating 100 years!
Business Administration, Engineering, Psychology
Type of School
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Accreditation and CertificationAACSB, NECHE, ABET
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Dormitory
Test ScoresIELTS: Band 6+, TOEFL: 79+, SAT Eng: 450+, PTE Academic: 50+