Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw State University's Intensive English Program offers programs in academic English preparation for students who wish to prepare to admission to KSU. We also offer a Bridge Program for graduate students who meet the academic qualifications but not the English language qualification.
Intensive English Program at Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw State University's Intensive English Program offers programs in academic English preparation for students who wish to prepare to admission to KSU. We also offer a Bridge Program for graduate students who meet the academic qualifications but not the English language qualification. In this program you are guaranteed admission to Graduate Programs once you complete the English program. All courses run for eight weeks, and we issue I-20's for F-1 student visas. Full-time and part-time schedules are available. No matter what your English language goals are, we have a program for you. Please call, email, or come to our office for more information.
Intensive English Program Mission
The Intensive English Program (IEP) serves the educational mission of Kennesaw State University through best practices in ESL instruction and student services. The IEP prepares students for academic, career, and/or personal success in English language proficiency through its commitment to the following:
- Innovative instruction using the latest technology and methodology to promote student-centered learning
- Comprehensive curricula that respects and reflects student diversity
- Advising and student support that provide a safe and friendly environment
- Local and global partnerships that expand educational opportunity
- Campus and local activities that enhance communication and cultural competence among students
- Professional development opportunities for IEP faculty, staff and students
The Intensive English Program at Kennesaw State University will serve as the leading ESL center in the southeastern United States.
In order to apply for admission, you must complete the IEP F-1 application. After you complete the application and submit the application fee, you will be contacted by the Kennesaw State University International Student and Scholar Services Office regarding next steps for your I-20.
Five reasons why you should join the KSU Intensive English Program:
1. Student-Centered Approach: The IEP recognizes the diversity of our students’ needs and provides them with the necessary tools and resources to thrive academically and socially.
2. Dedicated Staff: The faculty and staff of the Intensive English Program at Kennesaw State University are dedicated to ensuring student success. Each member of the IEP team is exceptionally qualified in his or her specialty. Students who take English courses through KSU’s IEP will have the highest quality instruction and interaction from our courteous, professional, and knowledgeable instructors, directors and staff.
3. Individual Attention: Our Intensive English Program helps every student succeed by providing one-on-one tutoring opportunities and personalized academic and immigration advising.
4. Conditional Admission & TOEFL Waiver Certificate: Successful completion of the High Advanced level in the IEP will meet the English Language Proficiency requirement for admission to KSU. Additionally, interested and qualified students may be admitted conditionally to KSU in advance of their IEP studies if they meet all requirements except for proof of English Language Proficiency.
5. Active Campus Life: The Intensive English Program and Kennesaw State University offer a friendly, welcoming environment. Students can eat in the award-winning Commons, live in modern on-campus housing, get involved with student groups, and exercise in the state of the art Dr. Betty L. Siegel Student Recreation and Activities Center. IEP students are encouraged to participate in scheduled field trips and weekly on-campus socials.
KSU Bridge Pathway Program
Apply to Graduate School with your academic credentials and come to the IEP for your English and then start Graduate School when you finish!
International Student Association
The International Student Association’s (ISA) mission is to encourage intercultural, educational, social, and global exchange among diverse students attending Kennesaw State University. ISA plans and implements programs that provide opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to engage in global learning, which enriches the entire Kennesaw State University community. ISA’s programming efforts are aimed at strengthening and developing the multicultural and international diversity and the mission of the university through:
- Events focused on international and diversity programming
- Programs and initiatives that allow for respectful dialog and interactions around global issues and current affairs
- Fostering social harmony by helping students overcome intercultural barriers
From their Perspective ~ Student testimonials
“At first it was very difficult for me to speak English. But I had an excellent teacher who helped me improve my communication skills. She helped me learn idioms that Americans often use and made the class very interesting.”
– Seokbin Kim South Korea
“My experience in IEP has been beyond my expectation. After the placement test, I felt challenged in every class during my first session. I was able to develop my skills, especially in listening and speaking. I enjoy IEP and definitely would choose it again.”
– Cecilia Gallardo Mexico
“The IEP at KSU is one of the top ESL centers. I learned how to write basic essays and later academic papers. The teachers also took time to help me improve my listening and
reading skills. When I started studying here, my English was basic. It was difficult for me to understand simple conversations. But thanks to my instructors, I am more confident and involved with student groups.”
– Tisbia M. Mpoyo Democratic Republic of Congo
Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology
Type of School
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsNo
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Accreditation and CertificationEnglishUSA Member, SACS, AACSB, ABET
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Homestay, Apartment
Test ScoresTOEFL: 80+, IELTS: Band 6.5+