Lado International Institute
Since 1985, Towson University’s English Language Center (ELC) has provided superior language instruction to over 3,000 students representing more than 70 countries.
Morning intensive Program is now Monday through Friday! Call us at 202-233-0023 or email us at email@example.com if you want to know more about it.
For over 35 years, LADO International Institute has specialized in providing quality, comprehensive English classes and English programs at reasonable prices. Over 4,000 students attend our nationally accredited school each year and experience first-hand the LADO difference.
- Effective Methodology - LADO’s proven methodology is based on the work of Dr. Robert Lado, renowned applied linguist.
- Internationally Recognized Instructional Materials - Our instructional materials were created by applied linguist and LADO founder Dr. Robert Lado. Dr. Lado’s English Series, which is used in the first six levels of our program, has been sold in over 80 countries.
- Expert Teachers - At LADO, many of our dynamic teachers hold Masters’ and Doctoral degrees and have over five years of experience teaching ESL/EFL. Many of our teachers have also lived and worked abroad and are fluent in multiple languages.
- Personal Attention - Thanks to LADO’s small class sizes, student-centered approach, and emphasis on student talk time, our students receive the individual attention they need to excel.
- Reasonable Prices - You do not have to pay more for a quality education. LADO’s affordable programs match your learning needs and your budget.
- Flexible Schedule - LADO offers a variety of programs suited to different lifestyles. Whether you are interested in a full-time, intensive program, or a quality evening or weekend experience, LADO has a program for you. And with sessions beginning year-round, LADO fits your life.
Support from Professional Staff - LADO Admissions Officers are knowledgeable and courteous. They will assist you with your needs from registration through graduation, including:
- Placement and registration
- Student visa application forms
- Housing placement
- Transferring to a college or university
- All of our Admissions Officers speak two or more languages.
Learning English at Lado for Future Success
Lado International Institute offers the following Programs:
Intensive Core Programs
Small classes with maximum of 14 students, average of 9. Activities at least one day per week
Morning Intensive – Price $765 – Schedule: Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 1:55pm. Small classes with maximum of 14 students, average of 9. Activities at least one day per week.
Afternoon Intensive – (only Arlington) Price $630 – Schedule: Monday – Friday from 2:00pm – 5:46pm.
Evening Intensive – Price $595 – Schedule: Monday – Friday from 6:00pm – 9:46pm.
TOEFL and IELTS – LADO levels 1 through 10 all help build English skills so that students can be successful on the TOEFL or IELTS tests. Upon finishing LADO levels 9 and 10, students can decide to partake in LADO’s TOEFL or IELTS Preparation Courses, which focus specifically on the test Preparation.
Semi – Intensive Programs
For students with other responsibilities, LADO offers a Semi-Intensive Program. This program allows students to enjoy rapid progress while maintaining a busy lifestyle. Each session lasts eight weeks.
Morning Semi-Intensive – (only Arlington) Schedule: Monday – Thursday from 9:00am – 11:30am.
Evening Semi-Intensive – Schedule: Monday – Thursday from 6:00pm – 8:30pm.
If Saturday classes are what work best for your schedule, then we have the perfect thing for you! The LADO Saturday Program has the same curriculum and teachers that teach LADO’s Full time programs at 25% the pace.
Schedule: Saturdays, from 9:00am – 1:30pm.
The LADO program includes ten levels of English instruction, followed by a variety of upper-level electives, including:
- Advanced Grammar
- Advanced Listening
- American Literature
- Advanced Reading
- Business English
- Currents Events
- Diversity of American Culture
- Foreign Accent Reduction and Conversation
- Public Speaking
Test Preparation classes for TOEFL, IELTS, GRE are also available.
Private Tutorials – Get individualized attention, choose your own schedule and overcome specific learning obstacles.
Lado International Institute also offers a TEFL Certificate Program. The LADO TEFL Certificate program trains teachers in accordance to the standards set forth by TESOL, the global educational association for Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages. Recognized the world over, it is one of the most comprehensive certificate programs in the United States.
Three locations in the DC Metro Area to choose from: Washington DC, Arlington, VA and Silver Spring, MD
With three locations in and around Washington, DC, LADO International Institute is situated near some of the most important cultural and historical sites in the United States. All three campuses are Metro (public transportation) accessible.
New Branch in Berea, Ohio at Baldwin University
LADO International Institute will open a branch on the Berea campus of Baldwin Wallace University and begin offering English as a Second Language (ESL) classes on August 24. After more than 45 years of operating language schools successfully in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, LADO has partnered with BW to provide services that will help international students achieve their academic and professional goals.
The new BW/LADO branch will offer 85.5-hour intensive English programs in the mornings and afternoons. Sessions will be held in the fall of 2015 as well as spring and summer of 2016. Admission will be open year round.
Comfortable Housing with American Families
Sometimes, it is the little details that make you feel at home when you are not. Our attention to detail ensures that upon your arrival, your individual requirements have been met. LADO International Institute partners with Just Like Home to provide comfortable housing for its students. Our homestay program was designed to make you feel at home while you are away from home.
Take tours with us throughout the historical DC area. Our flied trips include visits to museums, sport games, historical monuments, universities and many other cultural, historical and fun places.
Type of School
Intensive English Program
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsNo
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Type of HousingHomestay, Apartment