Saint Bernard School
- School Size
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
English Language (ESL), Mathematics, Advanced Placement Courses
Type of Housing
IELTS: Band 5.5+, iTEP: 3.7, TOEFL: 57+, Duolingo: 90+
- Social Media
Why Saint Bernard School (SBS)?
There are many reasons why students from across the globe choose to study at Saint Bernard School. These include:
- access to a better form of education
- to better prepare and compete for entry into a top university
- to improve English language skills
- to experience a different country and culture
Regardless of the reasons, choosing to study at Saint Bernard School has many benefits; from helping you achieve your university goals to expanding and establishing a global network of friends. By studying at Saint Bernard School, you will experience new perspectives, learn how to navigate a different culture, grow academically alongside a diverse group of peers, and master your English proficiency. Whether you are a future innovator, entrepreneur, engineer, scientist, doctor, journalist, teacher or diplomat, the skills that you acquire during your time at Saint Bernard School will prepare you to solve challenges, they will make you more attractive to universities, and they will transform you into a responsible, engaged global citizen.
Our students benefit from:
- Nationally Recognized Mathematics Program
- Expanded Course Offerings in STEM, Humanities, Social Studies
- English Language Learner Program
- Low student-faculty ratio of 10:1
- 16 AP Courses
- Test Preparation – TOEFL and SAT
- 119 Acre – Sports Training/Playing Fields
- Oversized Gymnasium
- 23 Championship Athletic Teams
- 750 Seat Auditorium
- High-tech Library
Ideal Location In A Dynamic Community
Saint Bernard is situated in Southeastern Connecticut, between the cities of New York and Boston. Students appreciate our location, which includes
- beautiful beaches and parks for outdoor recreation.
- two world-class resorts within minutes of the campus
- great shopping, museums, and entertainment.
There are over 300 universities and colleges within a short driving distance of Saint Bernard School including some of the most elite universities in the world. Being in an educational center generates exciting intellectual opportunities and an artistic aura that adds to the richness of the school and local community.
With the numerous clubs, teams, and academic competitions we offer, SBS students are engage both in and out of the classroom.
43+ Extra-Curricular Activities.
- Arts: Musical Theatre, Drama, Orchestra, Choir, Jazz Band, Praise Choir, Tone-Commandments Acapella Choir. (Nominated 2019 Best Theater Program in Southeastern Connecticut and Rhode Island.)
- Academic Teams: Math Team, Robotics, Speech and Debate (1st Place State Dr. Grace Sawyer Jones Debate Competition), Mock Trial..
- After School Clubs: Yearbook, Chess, Robotics, Computer Programing, Finance Club, International Club
- Leadership Organizations: XBSS Leadership, Ambassadors, Silver Cross Society, Student Government, Honor Societies, Lead4Change, Diversity.
23 Sports Teams. Saint Bernard School sports teams have won 134 Conference Titles, 4 Division Titles, and 47 State Championship Titles. More than 90% of Saint Bernard students participate in at least one of its 23 varsity sports.
It is completely natural to have some concerns before leaving your home country. At SBS you will have a strong social, emotional, and academic support system. Our goal is to help you meet and even exceed academic expectations.
Some of the special programs and supports we offer include:
- 3 Day New Student Orientation designed to build friendships, and acclimate students to the culture and the school.
- ESL, English for Non-native Speakers, and Introductory courses
- Course and University Counseling and Guidance
- Campus Advisor and Student Success Team
Choose what fits best for you, your finances, and your goals. The Saint Bernard School - Universal Education program (SBS- UE) offers students blended learning opportunities, online and in person. Universal Education is an institution committed to providing access to high-quality education that has been offering 100% live online courses for more than half a decade.
SBS-UE classes allow students to maximize their learning experience through communication and collaboration with both teachers and peers. Students can choose the desired courses and class times and access everything needed for the course in just one place—the UE+ platform—which is used for joining classes, accessing course materials, communicating with course teachers and much more!
UE-SBS online program coursework consists of three parts:
1. Attending live classes and participating in class discussions.
2. Completing homework assignments.
3. Taking assessments such as quizzes and tests and submitting course projects.
After completing the program, students will receive a high school diploma accompanied by your final transcript and letters of recommendation for high performing students.
Saint Bernard School
1593 Norwich New London Tpke
Uncasville CT 06382
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Anatomy and Physiology
- College credit courses
- College Writing
- English Language (ESL)
- Social Science
- World Languages and Culture
- Arts/Music Camps & Programs
- Astrophysics and Astronomy
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Pathway Program
- Summer Camps/Programs