Central Connecticut State University
Intensive English Language Program
The Intensive English Language Program (IELP) offers full-time and part-time English Language, American Culture, and Business English instruction to international students and faculty, foreign professionals, and members of the Connecticut community.
Why Choose IELP?
- Small classes offer very personal attention
- TOEFL exam included twice per semester
- Daily language lab time to work on individual skill needs
- Access to the full range of the university's support services and recreational amenities
- Safe, small New England town
- Midway between Boston and New York City
Committed to excellence in English and intercultural studies through a variety of experiences inside and outside the classroom, the IELP delivers instruction within a supportive environment. International and local students develop language proficiency while gaining cultural insight. Perfectly located between New York City and Boston, CCSU gives students the opportunity to explore these vibrant cities as well as rural New England countryside.
Cost Effective Intensive English Language Programs:
Achieve the skills, fluency, and confidence you need to communicate effectively in English in the 16-week Intensive Program designed to help you. Improve your overall abilities in both spoken and written English with the most instructional time for your money. Completing the program ensures you’ll be better prepared to use English for work, for study, for life!
Start from anywhere! Advance through six levels of instruction, 20 hours per week in the classroom, Language Lab and Resource Center. University Tutors, Academic Coaches and friendly staff are all here to help! Courses emphasize small group instruction with 21st century communication technology and real-world materials. The Center also offers specialized Elective Courses, which integrate with your Intensive Program allowing you to customize your study to reach your goals.
- Location: We are located two hours from New York City and Boston, in the scenic, rolling hills of central Connecticut. With easy access to fine beaches, golf courses, ski resorts, and a vibrant cultural life.
- The University: Central Connecticut State University is a comprehensive university - the largest in the Connecticut State University System -with an excellent reputation for the quality and breadth of its academic programs, ranging from business and technology to liberal arts and sciences. The privilege of housing the statewide Center for Excellence in International Education distinguishes our university from others in the state.
Program of Study:
INTENSIVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE & CULTURE
- Course levels include beginning through undergraduate level
- Courses emphasize integrated skill, project-based learning
- Sections meet 20 hours per week for 16 weeks
- Frequent excursions to interesting local attractions included
GRADUATE PREPARATION: ACADEMIC DISCOURSE
- Integrated skills training with strong emphasis on preparing for graduate level coursework
- Acceptance into the CCSU graduate program while improving your language skills
- Course meets 20 hours per week for 16 weeks
The IELP offers customized programs in such specialty areas as business, technical and medical English upon demand. Courses may be customized for groups at any time during the year.
Program Costs and Admission:
- Estimated Costs: 16 weeks, (20 instructional hours per week)
- Tuition & Registration $5,500
- On-Campus Housing $4,004
- On-Campus Meals $2,413
- Health Insurance $941
- Books $-0- Online materials provided!
- Personal $500
- Total $14,058
- Off-campus Housing Options: apartments and rooms in private homes usually rent for $500 and up per month
- Admission Requirements: Admission to the IELP is open to high school graduates or persons with an equivalency diploma.
- Application Information: Applications are accepted throughout the year, and must be received 6 weeks before the session start date for students who need to apply for an F-1 visa. There is no deadline for transfer student applications. IELP offers two semesters a year, each semester 16 weeks
English Language (ESL), English for Specific Purposes Programs, TESOL and Teacher Training
Type of School
University/Intensive English Program
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsNo
Conditional Admission AvailableNo
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Apartment