University of California, Santa Cruz - Silicon Valley Extension
- School Size
$10,000 — $15,000 Year
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Technology/Computers, STEM
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
Homestay, Apartment, No housing available
TOEFL: 70+ , IELTS: Band 6+, iTEP: 3.7, TOEIC: 760, Duolingo: 100
- Social Media
Fast Facts you need to know
- Silicon Valley. Study and gain experience from industry professionals working here with the world’s greatest tech giants and startups that need talent to keep up with the fast pace industry. The Valley is home to Facebook, Google, Intel, Whatsapp, Linkedin and many more.
- University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC). Study at a prestigious and premier U.S. public institution.
- Quality Professional Certificates. Certificate programs are ideal for those who want to improve their career opportunities and earning potential.
- Industry Experienced Instructors. Courses are taught by professionals who are leaders in their fields.
- Program duration just 9-12 months. Some students complete two certificates within this time frame. Inquire for more information.
- Estimated tuition costs ($10k to $14k). Affordable, quality programs with practical gains in education and work experience.
- Complete 2 certificates. Many international students are able to complete 2 certificates in 9 months.
- 1 year of OPT in the U.S. After completing your certificate program, you’re eligible to apply for 1 year of work authorization.
- Internships. Unpaid internship eligibility during study.
- Multicultural Experience. Study with U.S. and international students from around the world.
- Have completed post-secondary education (AA, AS, BA, BS, MA, MS, PhD, etc.).
- Proficiency in English* (80 TOEFL, 6.5 IELTS, 50 Duolingo, 3.7 iTEP, 760 TOEIC or equivalent and accepted qualifications).
*English Waiver may also apply if you have at least 2 years of recent study or completed a degree at university or college from an English speaking country. We also accept qualifications from a few language institutions. Please inquire.
Choose from 23 Certificate Programs for International Students
- Clinical Trials Design and Management
- Regulatory Affairs
Business and Management
- Administrative and Executive Assistant
- Business and Leadership
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Project and Program management
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Therapy
- Database and Data Analytics
- Information Technology
- Linux Programming and Administration
- Computer Programming
- Internet Programming and Development
- Software Engineering and Quality
- Embedded Systems
- VLSI Engineering
- User Experience and Web Design
Many students choose to live and work near our campus located in Santa Clara, California. Many students choose homestays or a room within a house or apartment. For transportation, many students choose to use public transportation (buses, trains) along with car sharing options (Uber, Lyft, etc.).
There are many shopping centers, hiking trails, ethnic restaurants, sport activities, fitness centers, museums, and movie theaters around the area.
Our campus location is also a 10 minute drive from downtown San Jose and about an hour drive, with no traffic, to downtown San Francisco.
T. Ashok Kumar, Linux Programming and Administration Alumnus
Before acing his contract job interview for Facebook, T. Ashok Kumar researched the latest technologies, networked at Meetups and local tech events, and practiced interviewing.
“I was able to crack the interview, which gives me great satisfaction for all of my efforts,” says the UCSC Silicon Valley Extension Linux Programming and Administration program graduate.
Ashok is a system engineer at Facebook Connectivity working with a team that is providing affordable access to the internet across the globe.
Fred Bauzon, Regulatory Affairs Alumnus
“That next person you say hello to at the class in Extension may give you a lead to your next job.”
Eva Janos, Project and Program Management Alumna
“I wanted to learn project management best practices related to software development, principles that could be applied in technical writing as well,” she says. “And, I wanted to learn from instructors who have been practicing all they teach.”
LingRong Syu, Computer Programming Alumna
LingRong Syu arrived in Silicon Valley last year with several years’ experience as a mobile app developer in Taipei, Taiwan. When she signed up for the Computer Programming certificate program, she already had a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree and six years’of experience working on a mobile app to operate security cameras. She still wanted to learn more, to study with experts in the heart of the tech revolution.
“I realized how important it was for me to improve my technical ability,” Syu says. “Education is very different in Taiwan.”
University of California Santa Cruz Extension
3175 Bowers Avenue
Santa Clara CA 95054
- Biomedical Laboratory Science
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Marketing and Communications
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
- Teaching English Language