St. Giles International, San Francisco
St Giles International was founded in London in 1955 by Paul and Diana Lindsay. Still family-run, the organization has grown internationally and now includes 7 year-round centers and 13 summer schools in England, USA and Canada.
St Giles International
St Giles International was founded in London in 1955 by Paul and Diana Lindsay. Still family-run, the organization has grown internationally and now includes 7 year-round centers and 13 summer schools in England, the USA and Canada. Every year around 14,000 students from over 100 different countries choose St Giles for their language learning needs.
Our years of experience, our international reputation for excellence, and the strength of our teaching staff mean you can expect an enjoyable, rewarding and successful programme, wherever you choose to study with us.
In the US we have two year-round centers in New York and San Francisco, as well as a selection of Junior Summer Camp locations which are available from June to August.
- Intensive English
- Junior English
- English for Business
- Test Preparation
Adult course locations:
- New York
- San Francisco
Our English schools provide a wide range of courses, from 1 to 36 weeks, including General English, Business English, Cambridge and TOEFL examinations. With options for morning or full day courses, we can provide the course you need from absolute beginner’s English to advanced training in business communication. All of our teachers are experienced graduates with additional English teaching qualifications and our courses are designed to use the latest communicative methods and technology. We want you to learn English and practise using the language maximizing your time here. St Giles New York and St Giles San Francisco are also teacher training centers for the Cambridge CELTA course and every year over 100 trainees graduate and go overseas to teach English.
- 20, 22 or 28 lessons per week General English
- English Plus Academic
- ISC 22 and 28 lessons
- TOEFL, TOEIC
- Cambridge FCE, CAE and CPE
- English for Business
- English for Tourism (San Francisco)
- Volunteer Experience Programme (San Francisco)
- 15, 20, 25, 30, or 35 lessons per week (mini-group or 1:1)
- Platinum Plus
- Telephone Lessons
- Platinum training in a dedicated suite of business class conference rooms
- Cambridge CELTA
- Teachers of English Programme (San Francisco)
St Giles will arrange and look after all of your accommodation needs. Some students like to stay with hosts and our accommodation officers will place you in a homestay compatible to your requirements. Students can select bed and breakfast or bed, breakfast and an evening meal (half board) in a host family. Executive homestays are an additional cost but guarantee private bathrooms for exclusive student use.
Residence Clubs are another option. Residence Clubs offer different room options, from single rooms with private bathrooms to shared rooms with shared bathrooms. Some Residence Clubs offer meals, and others provide cooking facilities in either communal rooms or within your room.
For Business Executives who prefer a hotel, St Giles has a corporate agreement with hotels located in each city.
Junior Summer Courses in the USA:
St Giles Junior Summer Courses offer young learners aged 8-17 from all over the world an educational and fun programme in a secure environment.
Our package programme includes:
- 20 lessons (16.7 hours) each week from qualified teachers
- Residential accommodation on university and independent school campuses
- All meals, with a healthy and varied menu
- 24 hour care, supervision, and support
- At least 1 full-day and 1 half-day excursion per week
- A daytime and evening programme of social activities, sports, local visits, and sightseeing
- Option to take additional Special Interest Options, e.g. sailing in Florida, surfing in San Diego, English & Performing Arts in San Francisco
- Airport transfers (supplements apply)
- Travel & medical insurance
Junior Campus locations:
- Florida – Admiral Farragut Academy (8-15 yrs)
- New York City – Barnard College (14-17 yrs)
- San Diego – San Diego State University (10-17 yrs)
- San Francisco – California State East Bay University (10-17 yrs)
If you are between the ages of 8 and 17, are committed to learning, want to make friends from all over the world, and have a spirit of exploration and discovery then make St Giles Summer Courses your choice this summer!
Type of School
Intensive English Program
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsNo
Conditional Admission AvailableNo
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Homestay