Mira Costa College
MiraCosta is a public, fully-accredited community college located minutes from the beach. Students can complete University Transfer requirements and earn Associate degrees and professional certificates in more than 50 academic subject areas.
Come study at one of the most beautiful campuses in California! MiraCosta is a public, fully-accredited community college located minutes from the Southern California beach. Students can earn Associate degrees and professional certificates in more than 50 academic subject areas. MiraCosta has one of the highest transfer rates to The University of California of all San Diego County community colleges, and our students earn higher GPAs than do non-transfer students. MiraCosta also offers short-term certificates designed to provide practical job training for today's job market. International students enjoy MiraCosta's friendly and safe environment. MiraCosta is within driving distance to world famous attractions in Southern California. Our sunny climate and ocean views make our campus a great place to study. Facilities include a new library and technology center, student computer labs, cafeteria and patio, an outdoor amphitheater, tennis courts, track, gymnasium, and fitness center.
Visit our NEW Campus Virtual Tour:
Meet current students! Contact a current student and ask questions about our school:
Why do international students choose MiraCosta?
- Affordable price: International students save money by attending MiraCosta College! Tuition at MiraCosta is $6,000 per year and 1/3 the cost of tuition at public 4-year universities.
- Easy transfer: MiraCosta has established transfer programs with public and private universities to make it easy for international students to transition to four-year schools. MiraCosta students transfer to UC San Diego, San Diego State University, UC Berkeley, UCLA, and many others universities across the United States.
- Quality academic instruction: Teachers at MiraCosta care about your academic success. Professors are selected at MiraCosta for their advanced academic degrees as well as excellent teaching abilities.
- Small class sizes: Most classes have fewer than 30 students. Our friendly campus environment provides individual attention for each student.
- Academic support: MiraCosta offers free tutoring in every subject, a Writing and Math Center, and free Internet access on campus for all students.
- Internships and employment support: International students can learn professional skills through internships and Occupational Work Experience classes.
- Student clubs & activities: International students participate in the student government, student clubs, and sport teams. MiraCosta's athletic teams include men’s and women’s soccer and basketball. Our Surf Team is top in the nation.
- Safe and beautiful environment: MiraCosta is located in a suburban area that is a safe environment for students. The average temperature in Oceanside is 20°C - 27°C year round attracting tourists from around the world. Our beautiful buildings, landscaping, and ocean views make our campus a great place to study.
MiraCosta College awards Associate in Arts degrees equivalent to the first two years of a Bachelor's degree (2+2 program). With an Associate's degree, students can transfer to a 4-year university or begin work.
Professional and Vocational Certificates
MiraCosta offers 50 different certificates for students interested in short-term training in a specific career area. Certificates can be completed in one or two years.
List of Popular Majors
- Biological Sciences and Biotechnology
- Business Administration
- Child Development
- Computer Science
- Hospitality Management
- Internet and Multimedia Technology
- Marketing and Management
- Music and Recording Arts
- Pre-Nursing and Surgical Technology
Check our website for a complete list of majors and certificates:
Admission Requirements for MiraCosta academic programs:
- International student application form (no application fee!)
- Official TOEFL score of 450 on the paper-based test / 133 on the computer-based test / 46 on the iBT
- Official high school transcript and English translation with evidence of high school completion and above-average grades
- Official transcripts with English translations from all colleges and universities attended
- Letter of recommendation from former or current teachers
- Certification of Finances showing evidence of $18,800 for one academic year
- Statement of purpose
Conditional admission available to students who want to start English language training before beginning academic classes.
Fall semester (begins August) - priority application deadline is July 1
Spring semester (begins January) - priority application deadline is November 1
Summer (begins June) - priority application for international students attending school in U.S.
Choose MiraCosta College and save money! Tuition and fees for international students is less than 1/3 the cost of tuition at California state universities. Housing is available with host families and in private apartments. The following are estimated expenses for 2012-2013 in U.S. dollars for one academic year (9 months).
|Room and Board||$10,050|
Intensive English Language:
Join our intensive English language program and transition to college without taking TOEFL. The English Language Institute (ELI) is an intensive English language program providing academic preparation in reading, listening, speaking, grammar, and U.S. culture. Classes meet 20 hours per week at the MiraCosta College Oceanside Campus, Monday through Thursday in the afternoon and Friday in the morning. The cost of the program is $2,000 for an 8-week class session. ESL classes begin five times in the year: January, March, June, August and October.
Business, Computer Science, Psychology
Type of School
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsNo
Conditional Admission AvailableNo
Accreditation and CertificationAACC Schools
Type of HousingHomestay, Apartment
Test ScoresTOEFL: 50+, IELTS: Band 5.5+