University Canada West
- School Size
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
No housing available
- Social Media
Do you want to develop your Individual leadership style?
UCW Vancouver is a University with a clear vision—to be a leading, respected independent University in Canada and abroad, known for innovation and effectiveness in preparing motivated students for professional-level careers and societal leadership. UCW Vancouver transform students into leadership-ready graduates for communities around the world.
What makes us different?
- ACBSP-accredited MBA and Bachelor of Commerce program.
- Faculty with first-hand experience in business.
- UCW’s learning environment is dynamic and practical. Class sizes are small to focus more on an individual requirements.
- Study in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant business community.
- UCW Vancouver downtown campus providing you with unparalleled access to a network of prospective employers.
- We have students from 34 countries providing you ample opportunities to network and knowledge transfer;
So are you ready to propel your career to next level?
The Vancouver factor
“Vancouver is Manhattan with mountains.” - The New York Times.
When you study with UCW Vancouver, you’ll find out why this beautiful city was voted the 3rd best city to live by The Economist*.
Vancouver is a city made up of intelligent and highly-skilled people from around the world and a welcoming, cosmopolitan lifestyle awaits you here. The city of Vancouver offers a wealth of study and work opportunities and you’ll be surrounded by wonderful natural beauty. This is truly the ultimate place to be.
With a rich history across different sectors, Vancouver has made its mark upon the world economy and continues to make a big impact upon traditional and newer industries.
Come on board for:
- Business-oriented, teaching –intensive learning
- World-class Learning facility in downtown Vancouver
- Career-focused education and expert faculty
- Excellent service and support from faculty and staff
- Opportunities to fast-track your education and finish programs faster
UCW Vancouver is easily accessible in downtown Vancouver at 626 West Pender St. UCW is located within Vancouver’s business district. Many of the world’s biggest companies have offices within walking distance of our downtown campus.
Our students are our Brand Ambassadors
UCW Vancouver is a university with a clear vision – to put its students at the heart of everything. From the first moment you step on campus to your graduation, every experience UCW Vancouver offers is tailored to give you the best possible start in your career.
New students will get to know the Student Services department quickly during Orientation, where the team gives students an overview of the university’s campus, myUCW portal, library services and assists with course selection and registration.
As well as peer and faculty support, through Student Services, students can access:
• Writing and Numeracy Coaches
• Academic Advising
• Campus Information Sessions
• Workshops and Seminars
• Student Life and Student Committee Events, such as: holiday parties, end of term socials, movie nights, and much more.
To ensure that your experience University Canada West is enjoyable, should you encounter any challenges, do be advised that a solution is often just a click or call away.
UCW Vancouver ‘s Career Services department was created to facilitate an engaging partnership with all its students and alumni as they transition from higher education into the workforce environment and beyond. Through these partnerships, Career Services will bridge the gap of employers’ needs and employment opportunities for our students and alumni.
Career Services works with students and alumni located in Vancouver and throughout Canada to provide career and employment preparatory information through the assistance of an online career services program. Students and alumni can access the program via internet when they want, and can generate numerous career documents that are relevant to positions they are applying for all from a centralized location.
As students gain employable skills and alumni grow within their careers, University Canada West is dedicated to connect them with businesses across Canada for employment and advancement opportunities. Where education and portable skills training is a “must have” in today’s competitive job market.
University Canada West Career Services include but are not limited to, assistance with:
- Cover letters;
- Interviewing skills;
- Job search techniques;
- Networking opportunities; and
- Career coaching
University of Canada west
626 W Pender St #100
Vancouver BC V6B 1V9
P: 1 877-431-6887
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program from UCW will prepare you for leadership on the global stage. This program is accredited by ACBSP. You will take the most challenging situations in your stride, apply pragmatic solutions to problems you encounter and ultimately drive the success of an organization with your informed decision-making.
The program has been expanded to allow you to acquire more specific knowledge and skills by choosing your 3 elective courses from one of the following subject areas: Leadership, Marketing or Finance. The program ends with a major research project designed to showcase your newly learned skills in a real-world setting.
Graduates of the MBA program will be able to:
- respond strategically to business challenges and opportunities
- assess ethical implications of business activities
- develop, implement and evaluate solutions to business problems
- formulate business decisions and systematic analysis that reflect critical thinking
- demonstrate effective skills to collaborate with diverse groups of people
- lead teams through the resolution of problems and successful completion of projects and tasks
- integrate personal values and perspectives into problem-solving and take responsibility for decisions
- communicate ideas persuasively (written and oral) as a result of a thorough analysis of information
- gather, analyze and synthesize information for a business context
Bachelor of Commerce
The Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) will provide you with a broad foundation knowledge of contemporary business and its practices. Based in Vancouver, Canada, this ACBSP-accredited degree prepares you for a successful career in business or management, where you will contribute constructively to a global economy.
Graduates of the BCom program will:
- have a comprehensive understanding of contemporary business practices across all areas of business management.
- know how to conduct business in a multicultural environment, spanning international borders and working cross-culturally.
- have the ability to use interdisciplinary approaches to solve problems and create new business opportunities.
- be able to use critical thinking to analyze and interpret information to make informed decisions.
Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication (BA) is an interdisciplinary program that will develop your knowledge of media, cultural studies and business alongside theoretical and practical skills. The communication methods learned and media training students get throughout this course are relevant to careers in professional writing, journalism, public relations, communications, and advertising.
Graduates of the BA program will be able to:
- Learn to evaluate and integrate all types of business communication.
- Demonstrate research techniques and methodologies.
- Create ethically and legally sound content for a variety of markets.
- Integrate media and content to communicate persuasively to specific audiences.
- Apply communication methods to business problems and contexts.
Associate of Arts
The Associate of Arts (AA) degree provides you with a broad foundation of knowledge. This 60-credit (20 course) program prepares you for additional post-secondary education or to enter directly into the workforce. The AA degree is accepted for transfer into bachelor degree programs at University Canada West (UCW) and all British Columbia degree-granting institutions provided other admission requirements are met.
Graduates of the AA program will develop these skills:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Effective written and oral communications
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Application of theoretical understanding to practice
- Research and evaluative skills
- Mathematical and scientific reasoning
- Analysis, synthesis, and integration of knowledge
- Advanced reading comprehension