University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
We specialize in equipping our graduates with the skills and training necessary to succeed socially, educationally, and professionally. We provide students with a wealth of opportunities for academic, cultural, and social activities in an atmosphere that focuses on preparing for real life.
Each semester, more than 7,500 students begin their future at University of Arkansas – Fort Smith. Our students arrive with great aspirations, and our professors shape those aspirations into reality. We specialize in equipping our graduates with the skills and training necessary to succeed socially, educationally, and professionally. We provide students with a wealth of opportunities for academic, cultural, and social activities in an atmosphere that focuses on preparing for real life. Students who choose University of Arkansas – Fort Smith (UAFS) come from a wide range of backgrounds – from across the country and across the world – yet they all have one thing in common: they are proud members of the Lion Family. Our faculty puts your education first. You’ll see many of their faces on your first day of classes and on your graduation day.
Let’s get to work on your future. We’re sure you’ll be pleased with the results.
7 REASONS TO ATTEND University of Arkansas – Fort Smith
- Affordable tuition with high quality academic curriculums
- Internationally accredited programs and award-winning researchers and instructors
- Small class sizes and academic and personal support (free tutoring center)
- Hands-on and applied learning through innovative programs
- Safe and beautiful campus ("Best Maintained Landscape in the Nation" in 2003)
- Great volunteer, internship, and job opportunities
- Modern equipment and newest technology available and accessible for all students
Popular majors among UAFS international students are Business, Marketing, Information Technology, Graphic Design and Media Communication. UAFS also offers degrees in …
- Animation Technology
- Chemistry with Concentration in Biochemistry
- Criminal Justice
- Graphic Design
- Information Technology-Web Developer
- International Business
- Organizational Leadership
- Business Administration
- Media Communication
- Rhetoric and Writing
- Studio Art
College of Business ranks top 5% in the world with AACSB accreditation. AACSB Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Faculty members come from some of the nation’s most prestigious graduate schools and some of the most successful businesses and civic institutions. They come to UAFS because they know that here they can make a genuine difference in their students’ lives. They're eager to share their deep understanding and their real-world expertise.
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith helps students find jobs and internships. Matteus from Brazil interned at the World Trade Center in Rogers, Arkansas, which became a full-time job for him upon graduation.
- International Admission Application Form
- Declaration and Confirmation of Financial Resources Form
- Official bank statement showing proof of financial resources – in U.S. currency – from either student or sponsor signed and stamped
- Official Secondary Academic Records/Official Transcripts for Postsecondary Education
- English Proficiency Requirements (ONE of the following):
- Official TOEFL score report (61 IBT, 500 Paper, 173 CBT)
- Official IELTS score report (5.5 or above in all sections)
- ACT/SAT score report card
- ACT must be 19+ in both English Language and Reading
- SAT must be 470+ in both Writing and Critical Reading
- Completion of ELS level 12
- Transfer students from a U.S. institution can show proof by completing English I and II with a grade of “C” or above
- Photo copy of passport (and visa if in the U.S.)
- Proof of MMR Vaccination
Student Services and Support
University of Arkansas – Fort Smith prides itself in the services and support provided to students: on-campus housing, free tutoring, excellent advisors, and a safe fun fitness center. On-campus housing is convenient and a great atmosphere to meet and make new friends. Both apartment-style and dorm-style housing is available. The accessible fitness center has cardio machines, weight machines, full size court, and free classes. UAFS is currently planning a new fitness facility on campus for 2016. Another addition to the UAFS campus will be a new state-of-the-art visual arts center, scheduled to be completed in fall 2015.
One-on-one tutoring is available to students at the Academic Success Center. During registration, advisors work with students to create the best schedule possible that includes the classes required for their degree.
Location and Student Activities
The Student Activities Office (SAO) plans and organizes several activities throughout each semester. Under the SAO there are over 80 student organizations. These student organizations are a great way to get involved on campus and in the community, to have fun or to support a cause. In addition, the International Office plans several activities specifically for international students giving them many opportunities to go, see, and do more.
What Students Say About University of Arkansas – Fort Smith
My school has amazing campus scenery. Squirrels and birds are a frequent friendly encounter and gives a sense of a quality outdoor experience.
The computer network is very good. There are always computers available in the library.
Living on campus has made my college experience so much easier! Everything is right next to you and you don't have to worry about missing an event.
For more information, please contact International Relations at 479-788-7977 or e-mail email@example.com.
Online Application Link, http://uafs-sa.terradotta.com/
$10,000 — $15,000 Year
Type of School
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableNo
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory