California State University, East Bay
California State University, East Bay (affectionately known as Cal State East Bay or CSUEB) offers excellent education in an exciting location at a competitive price. Located in the beautiful and culturally diverse San Francisco Bay Area, our students benefit from professional development and career opportunities in Silicon Valley and Northern California.
Cal State East Bay offers undergraduate degrees in 40+ fields and graduate degrees in 25+ areas. In addition to degree programs, the Global Academy on our campus offers an Intensive English program as preparation for university study. A wide variety of certificate and gateway programs — including conditional admissions for undergraduates, the Pre-Business Analytics program, and International Business Certificate— offer excellent opportunities for professional and academic advancement.
Popular Degree Programs include:
BS Business Administration (9 concentrations to choose from)
BS/MS Computer Science (STEM program)
BFA Art (with 8 concentrations including Graphic Design, Interaction and Game Design, and Video and Animation)
BS Civil Engineering (STEM program)
BS/MS Statistics (Data Science Concentration)
MBA (9 options to choose from)
MS Business Analytics (STEM program)
MS Engineering Managment (STEM program)
MA Interaction Design and Interactive Art (STEM program)
Study for a Semester or a Year as a Visiting Student
CSUEB also welcomes international students to study for one or two semesters via our Visiting Student program. Students can come as a part of a gap year or as a short-term study abroad student to experience American academics and cultre, explore California in their free time, and take university courses for credit to transfer back to your home institution. Visiting Students are enrolled alongside regularly admitted Cal State East Bay students in all their classes and can use the same campus facilities as regularly admitted students.
On-campus housing is safe, convenient and comfortable, in spacious fully-furnished apartments. Free shuttle buses run from the Recreation and Wellness Center, just across the street from the student housing, to nearby BART train stations which offer access to the entire Bay Area.
CSUEB is nationally recognized as among the most diverse universities in the US, with international students from over 60 countries. Students can choose from more than 120 academic, athletic, honor, religious, recreational and cultural clubs and organizations as well as participate in NCAA Division II sports (15 men's and women's teams), or get involved in student government and community service. International Students may also work on campus up to twenty hours per week during academic terms (with additional hours possible during academic breaks).
Why Choose CSUEB?
- The Princeton Review has recognized CSUEB as a “Best in the West” college since 2004. CSUEB is known for award-winning programs, expert instruction, small classes, and highly-personalized learning environment.
- Cal State East Bay is part of the 23 campus California State University (CSU) system, the largest and among the most affordable public university systems in the U.S. We're pleased to offer you a quality education at a competitive price.
- Located in the heart of the beatiful San Francisco Bay Area, CSUEB's Hayward Hills campus overlooks the San Francisco Bay and is just a 30-40 minute drive to either San Francisco or Silicon Valley. This access to two major metro areas gives our students a unlimited buffet of choices for ethnic cuisines, plus vibrant arts scenes, museums, and parks. Our Mediterranean climate means there is mild weather year-round.
- Our park-like campus is in a residential area, giving the comfort and security of a family community.
- Our dynamic multi-cultural university community is nationally recognized for the diversity of our student body.
Career Development Opportunities
- Our commitment to experiential education makes it possible to apply for internships with leading national and Bay Area companies (from San Francisco to Silicon Valley and beyond). In 2021-22 over 730 students were approved for OPT and STEM OPT.
- The Center for Student Research (CSR) on campus enables students to engage in outside-of-the-classroom faculty-mentored research, or a scholarly or creative activity project.
Business Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science
Type of School
Student Body GenderCo-ed
Religious AffiliationNo Affiliation
Scholarships for International StudentsYes
Conditional Admission AvailableYes
Accreditation and CertificationEnglishUSA Member, WASC , AACSB, ABET
Type of HousingResidence Hall, Homestay, Apartment
Test ScoresIELTS: Band 6+, TOEFL: 61+