ESL (English as a Second Language)
The ESL Bridge program helps students who are English learners improve their speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills before enrolling in full-time academic study.
What Will I Learn?
You will learn a lot more than English language skills in the ESL Bridge program. Instructors help you improve your study skills and understand American culture while you adjust to college life in the U.S. Our ESL instructors are well trained to meet the special needs of students who are English learners. Our classes prepare you to speak American English with confidence.
What is Unique About Our Program?
Qualified instructors: Our faculty teachers and tutors are talented and highly qualified in E.S.L instruction
Small class size: We limit the number of students in each class to make sure you get many chances to practice your language skills
Cultural adjustment: We help you adapt to life in the U.S. with cross-cultural instruction and discussion
Conversation practice: Our Conversation Partner Program gives you regular one-on-one speaking and listening practice with American students
Academic credit: You can earn academic credit toward your degree with advanced ESL courses
Pay the $50 Application Fee and please submit:
- Official Bank Statement or notarized letter from a financial institution, translated to English, verifying funds are available to cover expenses (30,000 USD)
- Copy of your non-expired passport
- Proof of completion of high school
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Freshmen: High school average of 85+ on a 100 point scale
- Transfers: G.P.A. of 2.5+/4.0
- Proof of English proficiency: IELTS 5.0-6.0; TOEFL IBT 45 - 75
Results on several other standardized examinations are also acceptable