General Transfer Degree Associate of Arts
Next Available Start Dates
The Associate of Arts degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university for a baccalaureate degree. Satisfactory completion of the degree guarantees fulfillment of lower-division general education requirements at UNR, UNLV, or NSC.
Students who intend to transfer to other institutions should consult an advisor or follow the catalog of the transfer institution.
By completing the degree will:
- Be prepared to transfer to college and university baccalaureate programs with junior standing.
- Complete TMCC’s general education transfer requirements.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills, and values consistent with a liberal arts education.
- Acquire the knowledge of the subject matter appropriate to their academic emphasis.
- June 1 – 1st time Visa Applicant
- July 15 – Already on an F-1 Visa and transferring from a US school
- November 1 – 1st time Visa Applicant
- November 15 – Already on an F-1 Visa and transferring from a US school
Truckee Meadows Community College offer open Admission for the following Associate Degrees. When your application is accepted you are also accepted into the program of your choice.
- Application fee: $25
- Proof of funds
- Student visa
AA/AS degrees are designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university.
To earn an AA/AS degree, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (see requirements for graduation.)
- Complete a minimum of 15 units within the college.
- Satisfy General Education requirements for the AA/AS.
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college.