All photos: UCLA Extension international students
Pre-Master’s Preparation Offers Assistance in The Pre-Master’s Preparation program is a part of the UCLA Extension American Language Center; it prepares international students for success in master’s, Ph.D., and professional programs. This intensive program offers advanced training in academic English, critical thinking skills, and the opportunity to enroll in at least one UCLA or UCLA Extension course for academic credit. Test preparation and assistance in selecting and applying to graduate programs are provided for those who need it. After two academic quarters (20 weeks), students will have the opportunity to enroll in an optional third quarter. Visit premasters.uclaextension.edu for more details or contact UCLA Extension at email@example.com.
• Selecting appropriate graduate programs
• Completing university applications
• Writing statements of purpose
• Developing research skills
• Networking and building academic relationships • Getting the most out of graduate school
Pre-Master’s Preparation Provides
• GMAT, GRE Preparation
• TOEFL (iBT) and/or IELTS Preparation
• Group and individual academic advising
• Academic workshops on time management
• Skills for academic success
• Access to computer labs, libraries, and other resources
• Intensive academic English skills
• Advanced communication skills
• Advanced grammar review
• One second-quarter UCLA or UCLA Extension course
September 28, 2015 – March 11, 2016
Program Fees* (Includes 2 quarters)
*Additional fees may be required to enroll in a UCLA or UCLA Extension course. Program Fees are subject to change; for the latest information on fees visit premasters.uclaextension.edu/fees.
Go to premasters.uclaextension.edu and under “Important Links” select “Application.” Download the application, instructions to complete it, and include the following:
- Copy of official TOEFL iBT score of 69-90* or IELTS score of 6.0–7.0, including scores for all four categories
- Unofficial copy in English of your undergraduate, university transcripts, showing all completed coursework.
- A written statement of purpose explaining your future plans and why you want to enroll in Pre-Master’s Preparation
- A résumé or curriculum vitae (CV), if available
- If you meet the minimum requirements above, we will contact you to arrange a SKYPE interview. Final selection will be based on all of the above
TOEFL/IELTS will be waived for students who have completed the American Language Center Academic Intensive English Program (AIEP) level 106A, with a grade of A- or higher.* Notes on test score range: Those aiming for Master of Laws (LLM), Master of Business Administration (MBA) and medical programs must score in the upper end of this range.
Note: Admission to Pre-Master’s Preparation, UCLA Extension, and/or individual UCLA courses does not constitute admission to UCLA or to any UCLA degree program. However, degree credit earned in Pre-Master’s Preparation may apply to master’s degrees. The decision to accept degree credit is made by the university that admits you for a degree program.
Check Out These Schools
Start your U.S. adventure with Study in the USA
Learn About U.S. education financing, housing, and more
MPOWER Financing is the top-rated lender offering international student loans without cosigners, collateral, or credit history for global citizens, PLUS international student scholarships & career coaching! Fully online application, 96% customer...
Follow your dreams with the TOEFL iBT® test, which has helped millions of students study abroad.
Most U.S. apartments come unfurnished. Make your move easy with a student furniture rental package from CORT. Flexible lease terms. Delivered before you arrive. Starting at $99 per month.* *with a 12-month lease
Learn about American culture and education direct from our experts at Study in the USA. Read more