Photo: A view of Bridgewater College in Virginia
Academic programs at Bridgewater College include business, education, communications, the sciences and engineering.
Pre-professional programs include medicine and law, as well as teacher certification.
Bridgewater College welcomes students from around the world to experience the opportunities and personal attention offered in this small, undergraduate setting. To make the transition to the U.S. seamless, international students benefit from airport pick-up services, an orientation for international students, and assistance with immigration, academics, internships, job and graduate school placements.
International Students should submit the following documents when applying to Bridgewater College:
- A completed application form—online (no charge) or paper ($30).
- Official records from secondary school and post-secondary school, with English translations.
- Certified bank statement verifying financial support for one academic year.
- English language proficiency results with the following minimum scores: TOEFL: 550 (paper), 213 (computer), 79 (internet-based); IELTS: 6.5; PTE: 60.
- Personal Statement (250-word minimum) written in English.
- Photocopy of front page (photo page) of passport.
- For transfer students: a Dean’s Reference form from each U.S. college or university.
- For transfer students: a WES evaluation for all previous college or university coursework.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements may be conditionally admitted to Bridgewater College, provided they enroll in and successfully complete an approved English language training program.