Study English with SVIEP at the San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley
The Silicon Valley Intensive English Program (SVIEP) is an exciting program of study for students seeking high-quality English language preparation for college. Students who successfully complete SVIEP Level 4 are guaranteed admission into the San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley (Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College).
Let Silicon Valley Intensive English Program help you achieve your dreams!
SVIEP offers five start dates per year – in January, March, June, August, and October. Each session is 8 weeks long and has 4 levels of instruction. SVIEP classes are held at our beautiful Cañada College campus, and students who successfully complete the program are guaranteed admission into Skyline College, Cañada College, or College of San Mateo. Classes begin as early as October 15 (Fall B) and January 14 (Spring A). Accepting applications now!
- No TOEFL or IELTS score required for admission. Students take an English assessment test upon arrival.
- Five start dates per year, in Fall (8-week or 16-week sessions), Spring (8-week or 16-week sessions), or Summer (8-week sessions).
- Guaranteed admission into any of our three beautiful colleges upon successful completion of Level 4.
- 22 hours of instruction per week with skill areas such as Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, Grammar, and American Culture.
- Small classes with hands-on personal attention taught by experienced instructors with Master’s Degrees (TESOL, Applied Linguistics, and related fields).
- Multi-level program with preparation for transition to college and student support services such as tutoring, note taking, study skills, and financial and career planning. Students also have opportunities to engage with Americans, join student clubs and cross-cultural activities, and visit local universities.
- Priority admission for students who matriculate from SVIEP to San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley and wish to transfer to UC or CSU institutions.
- Field Trips to local places-of-interest such as San Francisco, Filoli, Coyote Point, County Fairs, SF Museum of Modern Art, etc.
Learn more about: SVIEP the San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley.