University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is one of the most prestigious and top-ranked universities in the world. The distinguished faculty includes Nobel Prize winners and members of the National Academy of Sciences.
A division of UCLA, UCLA Extension is the largest, single-campus continuing education program in the world. American Language Center (ALC), a department within UCLA Extension, offers two full-time Intensive English Language programs. ALC instructors are well-trained and experienced; using the most up-to-date teaching methods, they create a relaxed and friendly learning atmosphere. Students learn not only to communicate in English but also gain knowledge about American life and culture.
Why study at UCLA Extension ALC?
- Affiliation with University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), one of the world’s most prestigious universities
- High-quality English-language programs
- Highly trained and friendly instructors; helpful and supportive staff
- UCLA campus activities – fitness center, swimming pools, and tennis courts
- Studying with students from around the world
- Beautiful, safe location in Westwood Village
- Los Angeles theatres, museums, and shopping
- Exciting Southern California environment with nearby beaches, mountains, and deserts
Academic Intensive English Program (AIEP)
- Provides English instruction for academic purposes and prepares international students for American colleges and universities
- Offers a rigorous approach to all language skills, with emphasis on reading, writing, grammar, speaking, TOEFL iBT, IELTS and GMAT preparation
- Features 9 proficiency levels (basic – advanced); each level includes interactive classroom activities such as group work, exercises in critical thinking, multi-media and web-enhanced lessons.
- Transferable university credit for advanced core classes
- Available full-time, year-round
- Winter, Fall, Spring Quarters: 10-week sessions
- Summer Quarter: 12-week session and two 6-week sessions
Intensive English Communication Program (IECP)
- Improves English communication skills for personal and professional purposes
- Strengthens listening and speaking skills by focusing on students’ pronunciation, spoken grammar, and listening comprehension
- Features 3 proficiency levels (low-intermediate, intermediate, advanced); each level includes interactive classroom activities that build fluency, vocabulary and confidence in speaking
- Available full-time, year-round
- 4-week programs are offered all year long, with special 12-week sessions available during the winter, spring, and fall
- In the summer, IECP also offers 11-week and 3-week sessions
Check Out These Schools
Start your U.S. adventure with Study in the USA
Learn About U.S. education financing, housing, and more
Choose an entire apartment, a studio, a shared room, or a private room, with 24x7 assistance from Personal Student Advisors. Book Now!
Follow your dreams with the TOEFL iBT® test, which has helped millions of students study abroad.
International STUDENT & SCHOLAR Health Insurance provides important protection against unexpected medical expenses for Accidents, Illnesses and Medical Evacuation while Studying or Traveling Abroad. Protect yourself and Study Safely, with a Stud...
Learn about American culture and education direct from our experts at Study in the USA. Read more