University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is one of the most prestigious and top-ranked universities in the world. The distinguished faculty includes Nobel Prize winners and members of the National Academy of Sciences.
A division of UCLA, UCLA Extension is the largest, single-campus continuing education program in the world. American Language Center (ALC), a department within UCLA Extension, offers two full-time Intensive English Language programs. ALC instructors are well-trained and experienced; using the most up-to-date teaching methods, they create a relaxed and friendly learning atmosphere. Students learn not only to communicate in English but also gain knowledge about American life and culture.
Why study at UCLA Extension ALC?
- Affiliation with University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), one of the world’s most prestigious universities
- High-quality English-language programs
- Highly trained and friendly instructors; helpful and supportive staff
- UCLA campus activities – fitness center, swimming pools, and tennis courts
- Studying with students from around the world
- Beautiful, safe location in Westwood Village
- Los Angeles theatres, museums, and shopping
- Exciting Southern California environment with nearby beaches, mountains, and deserts
Academic Intensive English Program (AIEP)
- Provides English instruction for academic purposes and prepares international students for American colleges and universities
- Offers a rigorous approach to all language skills, with emphasis on reading, writing, grammar, speaking, TOEFL iBT, IELTS and GMAT preparation
- Features 9 proficiency levels (basic – advanced); each level includes interactive classroom activities such as group work, exercises in critical thinking, multi-media and web-enhanced lessons.
- Transferable university credit for advanced core classes
- Available full-time, year-round
- Winter, Fall, Spring Quarters: 10-week sessions
- Summer Quarter: 12-week session and two 6-week sessions
Intensive English Communication Program (IECP)
- Improves English communication skills for personal and professional purposes
- Strengthens listening and speaking skills by focusing on students’ pronunciation, spoken grammar, and listening comprehension
- Features 3 proficiency levels (low-intermediate, intermediate, advanced); each level includes interactive classroom activities that build fluency, vocabulary and confidence in speaking
- Available full-time, year-round
- 4-week programs are offered all year long, with special 12-week sessions available during the winter, spring, and fall
- In the summer, IECP also offers 11-week and 3-week sessions
Check Out These Schools
Start your U.S. adventure with Study in the USA
Learn About U.S. education financing, housing, and more
BetterHelp is the world’s largest therapy service, and it’s 100% online. You get the same professionalism and quality you expect from in-office therapy, but with access to a huge network of therapists, more scheduling flexibility, and at a more affor...
Studying abroad is an invaluable step in your professional and personal growth. Prodigy Finance have helped fund over 20,000 master’s students to pursue their dreams at the best schools of the world.
Kaplan International Languages is one of the world’s largest and most diverse education providers, we’ve been helping students to achieve outstanding language results for over 80 years. Students can learn English, French, and German.
You are an excellent guide to know the study process and have a successful results. Thanks for everything!
I have previously read articles and resources on SAT and TOEFL as well as life as an international student on the 'Study in the USA' website.
Study in the USA's Instagram account encouraged me. I understood that all of this wasn't impossible. I'm so happy to study here and learn more about a different culture.
Learn about American culture and education direct from our experts at Study in the USA. Read more