The Intensive English Program (IEP) at Texas Christian University offers students from around the world exciting opportunities in English language learning and instruction, and students receive the unique benefits of studying at a major US university.
- Advanced level students may enroll in university courses for degree credit
- All academically qualified IEP students are provided conditional admission to any TCU Bachelor’s Degree program --- no TOEFL required! TCU offers more than 120 areas of study
- A single application serves both the IEP and the degree program of TCU, and one form I-20 works for both programs
Founded in 1873, Texas Christian University is a private university located in Fort Worth, Texas. The university limits its total undergraduate and graduate enrollment to approximately 10,000 students so that personalized programs and services can be provided to all students.
Texas Christian University, ranked one of the top 100 universities in the US by US News and World Report, offers undergraduate and graduate programs in more than 100 areas including business, engineering (ranked #47 in the US), communications, education, fine arts, music, humanities, social sciences, health, nursing, physical sciences, divinity, and ranch management. Our business school is exceptionally well known in the US, ranked #1 for faculty by The Economist magazine and ranked #27 overall by Bloomberg Businessweek. With its long-standing reputation for excellence in academic teaching and research, TCU is accredited by SACS and numerous programmatic associations.
Intensive English Program classes are small with only 15 students per class, so instruction is personalized to your individual language needs. Your teachers will help you rapidly develop your English writing, reading, vocabulary, listening, speaking, and grammar skills. You will begin at your level --- whether that means starting as a beginner or improving as an intermediate or advanced student. In addition, robust student programming will allow you to practice English in creative ways.
- Eight-week long sessions start in January, March, May, August, and October.
- One four-week long session begins in July
- Students study intensively for 20 hours per week with an F-1 full-time Student Visa
For more information: Texas Christian University
Intensive English Program