The Intensive English Program at North Carolina State University provides high-quality English language instruction to non-native English speakers seeking academic preparation, professional development, and/or personal enrichment. IEP students acquire the essential language skills and intercultural competencies required to succeed in today’s global economy.
Students in the Intensive English Program (IEP) at North Carolina State University (NC State) learn the academic, cultural, and technological skills essential for smooth transitions to university and professional success.
A Top-Ranked American University in a Safe and Diverse City
NC State University is the largest university in North Carolina with more than 34,000 students from over 117 countries. Their students and faculty excel in research and entrepreneurship and everything STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) related.
You can choose among nearly 100 different majors to find the program that is right for you. Many programs are nationally ranked and admission is competitive. NC State graduates are leaders in their fields and demonstrate the university’s Think and Do spirit.
Why NC State?
NC State students identify solutions to the world’s biggest problems. They are research-focused and globally-minded.
Average Class Size: 15 students
Course Levels: Intermediate, High-Intermediate, Low-Advanced
Course Lengths: 15 weeks (fall, spring), 9 weeks (summer)
Hours of Instruction: 23-25 hours (per week)
Application Requirements: High school graduate, minimum intermediate English level (TOEFL iBT 50, IELTS 5.5)
Visa Information: I-20 form issued upon admission
- Study at North Carolina State University, a top 100 American university.
- Conditional admission is available to undergraduate programs.
- Receive FREE tutoring from specially trained academic coaches.
- Live in beautiful Raleigh, North Carolina, a city consistently rated as one of the best and safest places to live in the United States.
- Affordable, high-quality English instruction with experienced teachers
- Courses in Reading/Vocabulary, Conversation/Presentation Skills, Writing/Grammar, and Listening/Note-taking
- Classrooms with the latest technology
- Fun activities including beach trips, paintball, kayaking, and more
- Dedicated student advisor for academic, personal, or professional questions
- Full access to NC State facilities, including the recreation center, health center, and libraries
- Opportunity to join any of NC State’s hundreds of student organizations and clubs
- Housing available nearby in off-campus apartments
Spring Semester (15 weeks) - beginning of January to end of April
Summer (9 weeks)* - middle of May to middle of July
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
- #1 among the best places for business and careers (Forbes, 2014)
- Best big city in the Southeast (Time, 2016)
- Vibrant cultural scene, international restaurants, and sporting events
- Moderate temperature with all four seasons (average: high 21℃, low 10℃)
- Located two hours away from both the Atlantic Ocean and the mountains
Intensive English Program
Learn more on the IEP website, intensive-english.ncsu.edu.
Fall term (15 weeks) - early August to early December
*Only the upper two levels are offered during the summer. Email email@example.com for more information.
North Carolina State University, the largest public university in North Carolina, is globally recognized for its strength in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics as well as design, textiles, and veterinary medicine. More than 34,000 students enroll in more than 120 different degree programs. NC State graduates are leaders in their fields and embody the university’s "Think and Do" spirit.
Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina, is consistently rated among the best places to live and work in the United States. Many of the United States’ leading Fortune 500 technology, research, and pharmaceutical companies are located nearby in the Research Triangle Park (RTP).
Approximate TOTAL cost (including tuition and mandatory university fees)
Students should apply directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to be considered for conditional admission. Students who are conditionally admitted to North Carolina State University are automatically enrolled in the Intensive English Program and do not need to submit an additional application.
To learn more, click here!
Check Out These Schools
Start your U.S. adventure with Study in the USA
Learn About U.S. education financing, housing, and more
STUDENT.com is the world’s leading marketplace for international student housing, helping students find their perfect home abroad. We have the widest and most carefully selected range of rooms that were built and are managed specifically for students...
Studying abroad is an invaluable step in your professional and personal growth. Prodigy Finance have helped fund over 20,000 master’s students to pursue their dreams at the best schools of the world.
TestDEN's Online TOEFL Test Prep is just what you need to quickly and effectively prepare for the TOEFL test. Since 1998, TestDEN has helped tens of thousands of students raise their TOEFL scores.
StudyUSA.com has helped me study in the USA in the most practical way. I am thankful for what this website has given me.
I used Study in the USA to find school recommendations, read about international student visas, as well as find scholarships available to international students! I was able to find my current school, Santa Barbara City College...
I liked reading about information that helped me understand what the experience would be like and reading other students' experiences on the Study in the USA website.
Learn about American culture and education direct from our experts at Study in the USA. Read more