Again, Green River College Ranked #1 in Washington State
Green River College (GRC) Ranks #1 in Washington State for the second year in a row when it comes to the number of international students at a community college. GRC ranks #11 in the USA overall. - IIE Open Doors Report for 2021-22.
Founded in 1965, Green River College is home to approximately 9,000 students, and international students come from all over the world to study at this renowned institution.
What makes Green River College the first choice for many international students?
Let's take a closer look at some of the top reasons.
1. Top Transfer Program: Green River College is known for its highly successful “2+2” transfer program, which enables students to transfer to top universities across the country and around the world.
2. Over 40 University Partnerships: When you apply for either the university transfer or high school completion programs, you can choose to receive a conditional admission letter or statement from one of Green River College's University Transfer Pathways partners.
3. Transfer Fair: Twice a year, Green River College hosts the largest transfer fair in Washington State for community colleges, where 60+ universities visit the campus to answer students' questions about transferring, housing, scholarships, internships, and more.
4. High School Completion Program: In Washington State, qualified high school students can skip up to two years of high school, take university classes at a college, and receive dual credit for their high school diploma and a two-year college associate degree.
5. Cost Savings: Tuition at most public and private universities is more than three times the tuition at community colleges, making Green River College a cost-effective choice for international students seeking higher education in the United States.
6. Small Class Sizes: College class sizes at Green River College are typically small (20-35), enabling students to receive close personal attention from their faculty and advisors.
7. Large Staff: The program at Green River College offers 40+ caring staff members who support the needs of international students.
8. Peer Mentors: New international students at Green River College are paired with current students who are trained to help them adjust to living and studying in a new country.
9. Advisors work with students within a specific major: Advisors at Green River College work with students within a specific major, assisting them with preparing an educational plan to show them exactly which classes are required to transfer to specific universities/majors.
10. Beautiful Location: Green River College is known for its beautiful campus, surrounded by forest and trees and located just 45 minutes south of Seattle.
Learn more about Green River College.
Get matched to the best program for you
Let us know what you're looking for so we can find the best school for you.
Check Out These Schools
Green River College
Shoreline Community College
Appalachian State University
Typical cost per Year: $35,000—$40,000
Irvine Valley College
Typical cost per Semester: $5,000—$10,000
Santa Barbara City College
Typical cost per Year: $5,000—$10,000
Start your U.S. adventure with Study in the USA
Learn About U.S. education financing, housing, and more
IELTS for the USA
IELTS is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education and global migration. It is accepted by more than 3,400 institutions in the US. If you want to study in the US, IELTS can help you get there!
Education Insurance Plans - K12
Introducing the K-12 Inbound Tuition Insurance Plan – your comprehensive solution to safeguard students' tuition, housing, and travel costs when coming to the US for education. Our plan covers unforeseen withdrawals, protecting your investment and en...
campusSIMS helps international students get connected with mobile phone service in the US. Through campusSIMS’ exclusive partner Mint Mobile, students can sign up and get their US phone number while in their home country, and have mobile phone servic...
StudyUSA.com provided me with important information that was sent to my e-mail.
StudyUSA continues to help me because I am exposed to varying perspectives and gain motivation from people all across the globe by reading their stories.
I encountered StudyUSA while I was at Amideast, in West-Bank. My dream was to study in the United states, and StudyUSA helped me by giving me instructions on how to fill my application step by step, and helping me with the trusted universities I should apply to. Thank you.
Learn about American culture and education direct from our experts at Study in the USA. Read more